Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Does it still bloat the program size by adding all the extra languages? I always remove those from the msi

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
Glitch on windows, see how 'iTunes Store' is so close to the edge. A little bit of the right side of iTunes is hiding.

Untitled-1.jpg

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Pretty nice actually! I like that it's simplified, it's a bit strange how now you have so many columns and all, but it's a lot more iPod like, finally! You can now browse by artist, which is amazing (and always should have been like that).

No cover flow! Omg! Never used it much but it was the hottest iTunes thing for such a long time, and now it's gone! I don't mind.

Up next is awesome.

Gigantic font and different font sizes is a bit weird, looks very iPad ish, I think space could have been better utilised.

You can just type something and it will jump the selection to that item in your current playlist, which is awesome. Before you could only search, which would bring up maybe one result, and if you would play that, it would stop playing after it was over since that was the only item in the "search results" view. Now with type to jump and up next, that's perfect.

I like the icon.

Works4Me

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
Canada
No column browser for music (aka list view in tv shows).

BIG SUCK

Come on Apple - we don't want to load the album art for 5000-10000 albums - it takes WAY too long.

This might not be what you want, but when you select "Songs", depending on which column you then select, you get a list view of sorts for that column. Might not be exactly what you want, but at least it's better than all that album art!

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Amazes me people are so trigger happy in upgrading to such a substantial update / overhaul. Think I'll hold off for a few days to see if there are any issues.

If everyone holds off then we will never know if there are any issues :)

brooklyn360

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I installed iTunes 11 on my Windows 7 work laptop and it keeps crashing whenever I do anything... :(

I'm going to uninstall and delete preferences and such.

I'm using it on W8 and works just fine. Much better than any previous version. but the looks is not great.

phenoplastic

macrumors member
May 30, 2010
Bug

Found a bug within minutes:

Artwork not displaying in library. As soon as I pull up one track in the album for info, and return to the album list, the artwork magically appears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.