Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jperkinski

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
AirPlay icon

It seems that the AirPlay icon and controls are only available in the mini player view.

Has anybody found a way to access AirPlay controls in the main view?
'

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Album art in sidebar

I liked having the album art of the current song in the sidebar. It doesn't appear there is a way to show it. I know the art displays in the title/control window and in the MiniPlayer, but I liked the art in the sidebar.

Pianoblack3

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Scotland
Could someone help me out here, I want the column view/playlist view down the left hand side like the old iTunes, can I get it in 11?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
are those devs at apple blind? i would have made those covers even bigger .... *sigh*

and is there honestly no way to make them smaller? the bar to adjust is gone :mad:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Trying to add a video to my Home Movies section, its just a .mpg, iTunes freezes up and then the add fails. Very weird.

Anyone else having issues adding files to their library?

Rog210

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2004
x2. When will the major companies realize this? EVERY one of my main facebook friends use Spotify. This iTunes update was cool, 5 mins later, it's closed and I'm running Spotify. Thx.

Not everybody can live with the low audio quality of streaming services.

DonRivella

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
Looks like a hybrid of the old iTunes with Zune. Not a great mix, but I'll get used to it.

Is there finally dynamic updating of the music library, i.e. if there is new music in the folder?

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
My opinion this is a lousy update. You still can't do multiple genres or artists. Movies and Tv shows still have piss poor metadata options

briansanderson

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2003
I want to know why my podcast that i have on my app on my phone are not syced with itunes 11. Thought they were going to have better icloud integration!!!!!!

I am wondering the same thing. Looks like music, movies, and tv shows are but podcasts aren't. Kinda makes the iOS app useless if it doesn't sync with iCloud too.

lzyprson

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
I was really hoping for some new iCloud based features - but this will do... Maybe next time!!! can't wait to get home and update.

:apple:

Bistroengine

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
No Facebook integration?

I'm loving it, but I'm surprised there's no Facebook integration given Mountain Lion's new found Facebook support. Would be nice to see what your other friends are listening to on iTunes (similar to how Spotify works).

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I LOVE it! It is WAY better. As for cover flow... good riddance, I think Jony Ive got rid of it. :)

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
For me, it feels very smooth and the interface does indeed feel highly polished. As for Linux-like... I'd say more Apple 3.0.

I like how they struck a good balance between old and new design. They retained elements that make iTunes recognizable, like the LCD, but were willing to rethink elements that could be done in a different way, like navigation.

Indeed. I need to spend more time with this but I'm not sure if they can really change things much more than this without completely changing how people use iTunes.

One place Apple could learn something from is Microsoft's Zune software on Windows. It serves largely the same purpose as iTunes but it's actually surprisingly fast and relatively easy to use in a very clean UI (a bit too simplistic for my taste as with all other Metro-theme apps tend to be) However with 11 I think Apple made a pretty good progress without alienating too much of the existing user base.

DonRivella

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
I feel sorry for Apple having to create a Windows version. They must loathe that. The Mac version is wicked fast and feels native, not like web browser that I was half-expecting.

I am always amazed that people say that iTunes is great on Macs and terrible on PCs. I use both platforms, and since about 6 years there is no noticeable difference. I think it is a rather poor program on either platform, but then again I did not like it even back when it was called SoundJam.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
It seems that the AirPlay icon and controls are only available in the mini player view.

Has anybody found a way to access AirPlay controls in the main view?
'

Good catch. Hadn't noticed it was gone in the main view, but I definitely can't find it. It's in the mini player view, though.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
To add on top of that, I can see how a lot of people will get confused on playing a track right then, rather than queuing it to play next.

I have absolutely zero complaints. This is very well-built and runs much smoother.

You can't. You'll be greeted with this (which I honestly can't believe is coming from Apple!):

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 19.26.57.png

Also, Airplay is in the main view, next to the volume slider.

Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 19.24.28.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.