Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BunnyBusiness

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Will the new iMacs be in Apple Stores tomorrow?

Will the new iMacs be in Apple Retail Stores tomorrow? I was expecting to see some news or rumors like 'iMacs arriving in retail stores for tomorrow's release', but I haven't seen anything. I don't remember any previous launches for Macs and when the Macs actually arrived in the store.

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
I don't know what you are all fussing about... The new iMacs are wonderful.

Just think... probable overheating... the superdrive removed... but they are THIN. What more could you want? THIN. Essential for a desktop machine.

If Apple had a brief flash of their old brilliance they would re-release the external writer with bluray capability and USB 3.

Don't hold your breath.

iMac, insanely LATE

Wobby

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Only a few hours to go, or apple lied!

For weeks now the Apple store has been claiming a November release here in Australia and with only 6 hours left for that to be accurate, they had better hurry up. That could mean the release is only hours away now, or for the past month, Apple has been falsely advertising a November release for the 21.5 in model in Australia. Who knows any more. Apple doesn't exactly have a good track record with the Australian market and telling the truth!

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
1, the Wii was SD, running modified gamecube hardware, its was a late comer to the party, a Gamecube + if you will, to the Xbox, PS2 , Dreamcast, Gamecube era,
Internals wise you are correct. But the new part was the control scheme. it was one of the first with that. It seems we disagree as to what generation the Wii was in.

And the Wii U is the last to the party for this Xbox 360 and PS3 era
As above. I disagree here. Does nintendo usually give it's consoles less internal specs then the competition? Yes. But that has nothing to do with what is in what gen. Last gen was 3 consoles. Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3. 2 were HD and one was SD.

a 2nd screen on your lap doesn't, it distracts, it makes you have to look away and re-focus attention, not fun, one of the reasons no one bothered to use the feature when the PSP and PS3 rolled it out years ago.
Not fun for you. I used it at the Australian launch 2 days ago. And it was a little confusing at first. But I'm sure in time I'll get it (if and when I get a WiiU and it'll be fun.

Apple TV + a decent remote could easily be a cheap console, to compete directly with the market Nintendo are going after , the causal gamers who want gimmicks rather than decent games
I agree about the Apple TV comment. It feels just made for this. But 3rd party will have to do this. As Apple don't (and in my opinion shouldn't) lead the Apple gaming scene. They should let the others lead it like on the iOS.

And casual games want short bursts of fun. And they get it in the ways they want to. Crazy gimmicks have nothing to do with this. Nintendo are trying to get every segment of the gaming market, casuals to hard gamers as you already know but didn't say here. The issue was the Wii didn't have the internals to get ports of the famous more in depth games. But it does now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.