Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngelGuy7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
New York
Does anyone know if it's possible to lower the resolution in Windows (Bootcamp) on a 27" iMac to match the resolution of the 21" but not stretch out the image to fill the display?

I'm an occasional gamer who's considering the low end 27" but I'm worried that the video card won't be able to push the full resolution well on certain games. I wouldn't mind lowering the resolution if it means better framerates but I don't want a fuzzy\blurry image. I read somewhere that it might be possible to lower the resolution and have the image "centered" not "stretched" (which would result with a black\unused border around the image) but I don't know if that's entirely possible.

This would even be useful for some older games that I love which weren't designed for the high resolutions we now have.

If anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
1080p looks perfect on 27" iMac when gaming. And this is from the previous generation. With the improved displays I'm sure it will be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.