Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
No order but here's mine so far:

audio technica headphones
jambox
fenway park fathead
amazon gift cards
512GB SSD

Share what you want for the holidays!

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
Honestly nothing. We've got what we need and when we 'want' something it's a simple purchase.

On 2nd thought - feed the world. That's on my list...

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
No order but here's mine so far:

audio technica headphones
jambox
fenway park fathead
amazon gift cards
512GB SSD

Share what you want for the holidays!

Looks like a good list to me! You will like the SSD - I put a 256GB from OWC in my MBP and everything launches in one bounce now.

I have headphones on my list too (Sennheiser HD203's for me), some Blu-Ray movies (Prometheus and the Indiana Jones series), and a cheap tripod for my DSLR.

Red Sox fan here too - hoping my wife gets me a new Red Sox t-shirt, it's time to retire my Trot Nixon shirt. LOL.

Scotty Dont

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2012
Couple Transcend 32GB SD cards
Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power
Braun 340S-4

I'm a simple man.

stevenlangley1

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
Honestly nothing. We've got what we need and when we 'want' something it's a simple purchase.

On 2nd thought - feed the world. That's on my list...

Ha, agreed. I've gotten to the point in my life that there really isn't much of a wish list anymore. I remember being younger and dreaming about getting all the stuff in different advertisements. I don't even get excited looking at Best Buy pamplets anymore!

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Big brake kit for my motorcycle
Stainless lines for my front brakes
Tools (you can never have too many)
Carhart work jacket
Sports hats/shirts

That's it. It is not so much a wish list as things I would not buy for myself but would be happy to get. My kids and wife like to get me things I like for Christmas, specifically for my motorcycles and for working around the house/fixing the cars; it makes me happy and them happy. As for the commercialization, it is as commercial as you make it. Sure we spend money on each other at Christmas, but the best gifts, the ones we take out year after year are the ones the kids created when they were little and still create, the memories of opening presents, putting up the tree and lights, going to see the various displays and listening to Christmas music in front of the fire on a cold winters day.

So sure, the ads in the paper are none stop, the commercials over the top, the stores are packed, but if you hold on to the core values inside, and with your family, none of that will detract you from an enjoyable holiday.

World peace would be an ideal dream, but bigger than one man.

Happy Holidays To All!

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
There is stuff that I would like but I can't help but think even if I got them I'd just want something else.

Mito

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
And I was expecting something like "Spending more time with family. Read some good book and so..."

No! This is MacRumors here has got to be something material :D

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
We don't really do gifts for Christmas, maybe something small. This year, like most, we will be flying to visit my family and hey I'm their gift :) Well considering cross country tickets were a bit pricey and we decided to splurge on non-stop at around $500/person, that is a pretty good gift to ourselves. We also have very few things we want. Plus we also have done a few home improvement things that weren't exactly cheap.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Ha, agreed. I've gotten to the point in my life that there really isn't much of a wish list anymore. I remember being younger and dreaming about getting all the stuff in different advertisements. I don't even get excited looking at Best Buy pamplets anymore!

Seriously. I've been wanting a certain iPad case for the longest time, but even that I don't need it. I'm typing right now in class on a flat surface with the iPad naked, that iPad case would come in handy,.. But I'm just not a fan of spending money on stupid crap that I won't care about in a years times. Further, I wouldn't want my folks or loved ones to go above and beyond for a shiny gift. Really, just spending time with them means so much more.

When thanksgiving just passed I had the opportunity to watch the Macy's Parade on TV w/ my little brother and it was wonderful. I know I'll remember it through the years each thanksgiving. He's 4, so I'm sure he would love toys and whatnot...but he's 4.

I'm in college and admittedly moolah would be nice as a struggling student...but it's not required in any way. Truth is, I long and yearn for a big Xmas dinner with family and relatives that I've not seen in years. Like the cousins and aunts and uncles I used to be so close with growing up, but somewhere along the line everyone kinda moving away from each other and going their own path.. With only FaceBook being short and sparse reminders that they're still out there somewhere.

I've always told myself that once I finally get a house to myself and am financially stable that I wouldn't mind (in fact I'd love) to hit up the vast array of family members and relatives and invite them for a huge feast. Really make a day of it, kids running around, big turkey in the oven..etc etc..

Ah the holidays.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Sharp Aquos 90" LED LCD HDTV. It's only around $10k (give or take) ;) I'd settle for the 80" one too.

5616521_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.