Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Umm.. Spotify lets you disable the Facebook integration too.

Doesn't it still require a Facebook login if you don't have an early account? Believe it or not, a lot of people simply don't use Facebook.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
If you have itunes match can you now stream your music without downloading it?

You can stream anything you bought with or without match. Music, TV Shows, etc.

I need to find out if you can stream podcasts now. That would be nice

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
I like it. Pretty fast on my old macbook. It's pretty the old interface was looking to outdated too. And no more random apple id login popups.

Edit: It eats ram like it's going out of style. In here it's hogging 250 megs.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Actually it is quite common. Ever go out to a coffee shop, go into a library, or go into a college? There are plenty of old Mac laptops still in service. The other poster is right, Apple is just getting lazy.

Yes older laptops are common, but I highly doubt many people are using an iBook, which was the apple laptop of choice 6+ years ago. And those are all G4 or slower. All the intel Macbooks (introduced 2006) can run 10.6.8 which is what iTunes 11 requires. So your statement doesn't really hold up.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
Sorry if I missed it here. Where is the DJ thingy? Am I blind? If it is gone how you you pull up a playlist to randomly play or from your entire library for that matter?

quickmac

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2011
-Album art too small
-App icons too big
-White background is ugly
-Classical music with long titles doesn't look right

It's the classic dumbing down of their computer software to match the simplistic dumbed down iOS software.

Not to mention they crippled the ability to have an interactive useful iTunes DJ like component and got rid of the awesome cover flow.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I don't hate it, I think the new interface is an improvement, but It feels a bit awkward using this version of iTunes, I think it has to do with the fact that we have been using basically the same interface since Snow Leopard was it?

I think it'll take some getting used to. But have to say that the new icon looks really ugly..

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
WOW! this SUCKS!!!!!! :eek:
usually I love new Apple updates but this is just one piece of crap!

where's the genius sidebar?
Under the store menu- turn on genius

why can't I resize album covers?

under view options- slider which lets you select multiple sizes from tiny to huge.

Why don't you look around a bit before yelling;)

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
It's kind of annoying that it stays in shuffle mode when you switch between playlists and the album/song interface. I usually shuffle songs in my playlists but want to listen to albums in the proper order.

Previous versions of iTunes used to handle that just fine, but now if I'm listening to a playlist on shuffle and want to listen to an album in its correct sequence I have to manually turn shuffle off when I switch.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
really appreciate the responsive design put into the columns, no more tweaking things to get it right in full screen or windowed move - you always get the info no matter what

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
So is there a reason why they can't do a 64 bit iTunes? Seems this is just another facelift not a rewrite.

64-bit here. (shudder at that icon)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 2.57.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 2.57.51 PM.png
    168 KB · Views: 243

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
It's the classic dumbing down of their computer software to match the simplistic dumbed down iOS software.

Not to mention they crippled the ability to have an interactive useful iTunes DJ like component and got rid of the awesome cover flow.

what's the difference between iTunes Dj and Genius?

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Scrolling is pretty laggy for me on my rMBP. Not a huge fan of the new fonts either. Is there a way to see album art in Song view? That's how I used to use iTunes 10... for now, I'm just using artist view, but I don't like how I can't add any columns to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.