Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason99kr

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
Seattle, WA, USA
I am in the process of selling my iPad 3 32GB and buying base 13 inch Air.. Is it worth waiting until end of the month to get The Air possibly with a good deal? trying to decide if I should go craigslist, refurbished from Apple, or Best Buy + student discount? Whats the best deal guys??:cool:

I don't think there will be tons of discount for Apple product during cyber Monday or Turkeyday sale lol
I personally don't like buying used/refurbished, so I will just exclude it from the list

I ordered Mid-2012 13" Macbook air with i5 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD on MacMall.com for $1,231.88. Came with Mountain Lion.

How?
1) Go to http://appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide bottom of page and copy that 3% off code for Macmall.com
2) Apply on Macmall.com purchase!

http://applesliced.com is good website to track price
Hope it helped and good luck :D

stellarceltic

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Finally decided it was time to replace my 6+ year old Core Duo white MacBook. Ordered a 13" Air with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD. Should be delivered tomorrow. Hoping I can squeeze another 6 years out of this one...

TheZA

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I've been reading this thread for the last couple of weeks, repeately refreshing the refurbished Apple page, making visits to stores to recon the Air. I was jonesing bad, but couldn't justify the cost because by 3-year old white Macbook non-unibody (5,2) still works for everything I need it for (and, I love that machine). Then, I hit on the justification - my 7th grader could really use a laptop, like say, my Macbook. All I had to do was plant the seed in her mind.

So last night I pulled the trigger and await arrival of the new 13" Macbook Air. I went for 4 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD. It was hard for me to anticipate when I would need more RAM, as I don't use my laptop for video editing or such. But I did want the higher capacity drive so as to install Windows 7 on Bootcamp. I figure I'll also virtualize an XP install via Virtual Box for the couple of quick things I need to do on Windows (like log into my works email). As for migration, I'll use Migration Assistant to migrate the accounts and probams from my Macbook to MBA, then use MA to load my daughters user from the old iMac it is on now to the Macbook.

Thanks for listening to my ponitifications on the matter.

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
Bought a used MacbookAir 11" 64GB 2GB Ram mid 2011 model this morning to replace my ipad2... Got it for 650€ in perfect condition. I just didn't see myself typing with the ipad in class...I think I will with this baby. It is so light!!! =D

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
i placed an order for a MBA 13" 1.8/8gb/256ssd 11/19/12 at 1 am in the morning. estimated arrival November 28-30. $1599 plus tax and recyling fee = $1706

i'm planning to keep this computer for the next 6 years.

Update

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Long time lurker. First time poster.

2.0GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD

:)

Last edited:

Aviatorr01

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Finally decided to get a MacBook Air i5/8/128

Besides being extremely happy with my new MacBook,

I am just as happy with the Australian online apple stores service.

20/11/12 order placed
21/11/12 order shipped
22/11/12 order received

And this was with the free standard shipping and the MacBook being BTO.

+1 for apple!

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Finally decided to get a MacBook Air i5/8/128

Besides being extremely happy with my new MacBook,

I am just as happy with the Australian online apple stores service.

20/11/12 order placed
21/11/12 order shipped
22/11/12 order received

And this was with the free standard shipping and the MacBook being BTO.

+1 for apple!

Just ordered the exact same thing my friend! I can only hope mine arrives as fast as yours did.

I still don't know why people complain about apple's black friday sales, heck... I'll take $105 (actually only an extra 51, since I'm a student) off my macbook any day! :D

washablemarkers

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
After many months of hesitation, I finally hit the "Complete Order" button today and got a 13.3" 1.8 GHz MacBook Air with 8GB of RAM. This new machine will replace a 4.5 year old noisy MacBook that is no longer portable, stuck in Leopard, and occasionally just doesn't care to do what you want it to do.

I was very close to waiting until July to get one of the expected new MacBook Airs, but there is no guarantee that my current machine will make it that long, plus it won't be too difficult to flip and resell the ordered Air if I do want a new (new) one, especially with the 8GB of RAM. Besides, I've heard so many rave reviews about this generation of Airs that I know I'll enjoy and get a lot of use out of the machine hopefully for the next four to five years. Who knows, this new Air may end up being the last traditional computer I ever own.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
After many months of hesitation, I finally hit the "Complete Order" button today and got a 13.3" 1.8 GHz MacBook Air with 8GB of RAM. This new machine will replace a 4.5 year old noisy MacBook that is no longer portable, stuck in Leopard, and occasionally just doesn't care to do what you want it to do.

I was very close to waiting until July to get one of the expected new MacBook Airs, but there is no guarantee that my current machine will make it that long, plus it won't be too difficult to flip and resell the ordered Air if I do want a new (new) one, especially with the 8GB of RAM. Besides, I've heard so many rave reviews about this generation of Airs that I know I'll enjoy and get a lot of use out of the machine hopefully for the next four to five years. Who knows, this new Air may end up being the last traditional computer I ever own.

Wow I feel like I could have written this. I too was thinking the same things but finally decided to go with the 13" MBA, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB today.

Great minds think alike! :)

Last edited:

ReelJustice

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Thanks to Amazon's amazing Black Friday deal, I am now the proud owner of a new 13" MacBook Air. It will be here tomorrow!

Mark D

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Took advantage of the Black Friday discount, ditching Windows for a 13.3" MacBook Air with 8 GB of RAM! :D

Everything else is base, 128 GB SSD and 1.8 Ghz i5. But it's more than enough, really.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Took advantage of the Black Friday discount, ditching Windows for a 13.3" MacBook Air with 8 GB of RAM! :D

Everything else is base, 128 GB SSD and 1.8 Ghz i5. But it's more than enough, really.

Did the exact same thing! Now... the tedious wait for it to arrive :rolleyes:

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012

Same here! Can't wait for Wednesday! Just hope I don't have to deal with any screen issues like some have reported. Also you guys ordered through Apple right?

MacPat333

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Dubai
After I waited 1 week to make the order (store had to check availability) I am now waiting 2 weeks for shipment of my new MBA already.

So annoying this stupid waiting...

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
woohoo, mine arrives today, waiting on fedex delivery truck. i ordered mine monday morning last week, arrives today monday after 1 week.

macbook air 13" 256 gb/8gb ram/1.8 ghz

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I'm debating buying one for my sister now or waiting the ~7 months to get the upgraded version. So tempted to just get it now, can't see them changing that much. Only major thing I could think of is Retina but I don't see them doing it just yet to the Air, probably want to keep the Pro(Retina) divide a little longer as their low/high end options.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
I'm debating buying one for my sister now or waiting the ~7 months to get the upgraded version. So tempted to just get it now, can't see them changing that much. Only major thing I could think of is Retina but I don't see them doing it just yet to the Air, probably want to keep the Pro(Retina) divide a little longer as their low/high end options.

The biggest change I foresee are Haswell processors.

DF1234

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I was undecided between a 15" Macbook Pro retina and a refurb Air with I7, 8GB ram, and 512 SSD. Like it much better than the retina MBP due to the cost savings and portability. I don't do any video editing so the MBA was perfect for me. It looks brand new. In my opinion Refurbished is the way to go. Saved $330 and got the same warranty as a new one. 13" is the perfect size and the MBA is the perfect weight for sitting on my lap watching TV or sitting up in bed working on excel spreadsheets. I have a maxed out 2011 Imac for the heavy stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.