Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
You are picking and choosing your arguments. FSU had turnovers due to some great plays by Florida's defense. Did you even watch the game? The score, even with the late BS TD as time expired, was not as close as the score showed it was. The ref's were horribly biased while trying to protect their ACC prized cow. UF had 14 penalties for 130 some yards, while FSU had 2 for 10 yards...UF also had two catches taken away from them, one via review and the other never got reviewed which would have been big plays.

Blaming the refs now?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
This image is making the rounds on the 'net and twittersphere

While I do think the winner of Bama/Dawgs will be favored against the Irish, I think it will probably be a better game than many SEC fans are willing to admit
ND has a stout defense, but I'm just not sure the Irish have enough offense against the Bama or Dawgs defense

The wet dream of the media/bloggers is Bama/Irish, but I think the Dawgs are capable of the upset
I expect the SEC Championship to either be a close game or a Bama blowout
I don't see the Dawgs winning big
They can win or lose in a close game or they can let another one get out of hand

View attachment 380390

I couldn't agree more, I think it will be a nail biter down to the end and I hope it is that way. A blow out would be nice but those are not fun to watch. Even if it is your team doing the blowing out.

Roll Tide.......!

jwingfie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2008
Athens, GA
I have my tickets in hand and looking forward to this game. Anyone from Georgia know any good tailgate spots by the Dome? ROLL TIDE

There is a great bar called Stats on Marietta Street. That's where I plan on going after college game day.

Oh and Go Dawgs!

images

John McWilliams

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Apt.
UGA apology

My apology to UGA fans and college football fans in general.We must remember that college football is not a religion it is away for many kids to get an education,Most of them will never play on Sunday. It is very important that the game be played with honor and respect and that no gets injured during the game.Hats off to the national champion this year.I spent a few days in Georgia recently a nicer more friendly state would be hard to find, so I whope you beat Alabama and win it, I sometimes forget the words of coaches when I played but that was about 50 years ago, coach Clyde always said gosh darn it boys play your best the best you can and thats all you can do.Go get em Dawgs Boomer Sooner!

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I don't believe you will see Clemson or Florida State in the SEC

So crazy. Idk why the SEC would want Florida State and Clemson since they already have UF and South Carolina, at least if they're trying to enlarge their footprint like the BigTen.

I agree with Dawg. Adding FSU/Clemson doesn't do anything for the SEC, but adding a North Carolina school and a Virginia/DC-area school does, so that's the way I think it will go.

I agree about the ACC disappearing, though, and I agree that it all hinges on Mayland's exit fee. I doubt they end up "paying" more than next year's TV rights money (which they'll just forfeit instead of actually paying anything).

Yea I know, flukes happen ;) I would love to see a rematch where there was a nice and clean game.

I'd love to see an A&M-UF rematch. The Gators got off easy getting to face Johnny and that offense in their first game.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Hope it is a good, well played game with both teams displaying character, intensity and doing their best... with no controversy, bad calls or stupid penalties deciding the outcome

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Hope it is a good, well played game with both teams displaying character, intensity and doing their best... with no controversy, bad calls or stupid penalties deciding the outcome

Ditto that. I selfishly am hoping Alabama wins just because I think it would be neat if A&M was the only team to beat the national champion, but both these teams are deserving of their shot today. No matter who wins, I'm rooting for a nail biter.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Consider the following:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239398

New Jersey ranks #10 on the top ten college football producing states.

So for Big ten recruiting, does that sound as bad? Not sure where Maryland ranks.

Also Virginia (ACC grounds) and NC (ACC Grounds) rank #7 and #9 respectively.

So I could see the BIG and SEC going for Virginia schools and North Carolina schools as well.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialprojects/sports/starsearch/

Cities:

DC Ranks 7 (Maryland market)
NYC - 8

Also cool stats:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/starsearchbig10.pdf

If you click on the top right conference logo it will open that .pdf.

Cool stuff for the stats fans.

Last edited:

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I hope they do. For the first time in a while, it actually hurts watching 'Bama try to move the ball - and that's a huge credit to GA for playing outstanding football. 'Bama isn't known for putting up huge numbers on offense but the offensive line is just getting outplayed and that's suppose to be an asset for Alabama.

EDIT: spoke too soon. That's the line we're used to seeing from them. Nice run by Lacy too!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Intense game of old man football

I do think there should have been a penalty on the Murray hit

Both teams played hard on defense and little tight on offense
Expect them to lay it all on the line in the second half

I want the Dawgs to play aggressive to win, not play to "not lose"

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Intense game of old man football

I do think there should have been a penalty on the Murray hit

Both teams played hard on defense and little tight on offense
Expect them to lay it all on the line in the second half

I want the Dawgs to play aggressive to win, not play to "not lose"

Definitely should have been a penalty on the Murray hit.

This is starting to feel a little like last's year's game. Hopefully UGA keeps it together better and keeps fighting. They've definitely got the players to hang in there and win this thing.

Jarvis Jones is the best linebacker in America. Way better than Manti Te'o.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Got to give respect to Saban for not abandoning his game plan after that blocked FG for a TD. No panic, stick to the run and they're right back in the game.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Dawgs are tired and getting worn down
Gotta step up and make a play

Offense gotta run clock and move the ball
Can't keep giving Bama the ball back

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Ooooh...definitely got away with a hold there, totally turned around Mosley there.

But as good as 'Bama is, their defense is nowhere close to previous years - there isn't a Darius, Hightower, Barron-like player and keep getting burned like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.