Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seppentoni

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Europe
This is an overhaul of the iTunes concept?

I don't think so. When reactivating the sidebar everything is back to normal except from the absent iTunes DJ, Cover zoom :( and some graphical tweaks (The coloring based on the album covers is very sexy tough) I cant' see the big deal.

Do I miss something?

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Ultimately a nice refresh for the aging iTunes, however still seems to be slow and sluggish on Windows. Looking forward to a Spotify type service from iTunes. I prefer to flexibility of Spotify over paying for individual songs but I really want to get back fully into the Apple ecosystem. When are we likely to be able to expect a service like this from Apple?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
I like iTunes 11. Just like anything that changes it takes a while for you to get use to it and find out how to do some of the things you did in the old version.

Except in this version you cannot do these things because they were removed, e.g. albums view (they only left the grid view and called it "Album view"), cover flow, artwork in songs view, DJ, app icons in Apps list view, etc.

I feel this is a step up . The only setting I miss is the ability to pick the type of view you want (like cover flow, list etc) maybe they will bring it back with a update. For those hating it give it a chance. At the end of the day its just a program.
CHANGE IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL & MIND. :)

Change like this that doesn't bring much useful and removes features and is there just for the change's sake is very bad and symptomatic of these dumb times we live in.

Jumpinbeans

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
Anyone able to try the search "moist" in the new iTunes store. Bugs out with loads of SF6 errors on the right screen with a big blank section in the middle and some wierd album/place holder stuff on the left........may just be my mac but if someone else could try.

in case you are wondering - Moist is the band which did the album Silver.

Ademordna

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
UK
A lot of issues here. Pages won' t load properly and text/images overlapping. A few crashes so far, too.
Anyone else?
Otherwise I like it a lot, just hope the kinks get ironed out soon.

Verloc

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
1. yes WHERE's! THE dark grid!!!!
2. and in Songs, why not! artwork!!!! I have thousand of songs... now all looks like one megabig album, why remove artwork in songs, that brings some separation!

3. and WHERE's "group albums by artist" on albums??? now I have millions of albums without separation by artist!!!

2) Still (sort of ) there under the Artists selection.

3) View > View Options > Sort By Artist

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
This is an overhaul of the iTunes concept?

I don't think so. When reactivating the sidebar everything is back to normal except from the absent iTunes DJ, Cover zoom :( and some graphical tweaks (The coloring based on the album covers is very sexy tough) I cant' see the big deal.

Do I miss something?

But by re-activating the sidebar you've disabled the new changes! The mini player is overhauled and there is now an up next feature in the player that is neat. The iPhone/iPad sync has been overhauled and so has the iTunes store. However I do miss the album art being removed from the song list view :(

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2012
Where the heck is my 'double click title bar to minimize'?

Is this working on anyone else's machine?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Add radio station to playlist

Can anyone tell me how to add a radio station to my custom radio station playlist with iTunes 11? Used to have an Advanced tab that would allow that but now I can't find any way to do it.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Anyone able to try the search "moist" in the new iTunes store. Bugs out with loads of SF6 errors on the right screen with a big blank section in the middle and some wierd album/place holder stuff on the left........may just be my mac but if someone else could try.

in case you are wondering - Moist is the band which did the album Silver.

Same here. ML, 10.8.2 ... funky!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Humm, I am getting a few bugs. When searching or using the 'in the store' button I sometimes get a screen like below.

View attachment 380511

Yep. same here. seems to do this across the board regardless of what you search for. (most times this happens)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 6.04.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 6.04.29 AM.png
    434.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

apu1234

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
This is no doubt the coolest feature, the backround color changes for every album, and it seems to work quite well

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    280.9 KB · Views: 163

BBuchanan24

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
anyone else getting alot of errors in the itunes store?

ie stuff not appearing properly like d16.album.blahblah

willryan42

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
Digging it overall, especially since viewing the sidebar pretty much brings back the old look for those who want it.

Only two buggaboos are that there's apparently a limit on how skinny you can resize the sidebar, and that there's no artwork at the bottom left anymore. Oh well, not going to cry myself to sleep about it like some others in this thread...

EDIT: And it seems like iTunes doesn't remember if you have shuffle on or off for each playlist, now there's just a global shuffle option.

Jumpinbeans

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
tsk tsk apple....you really are letting yourself and everyone of your users down..

1st maps
2nd iTunes
3rd.....hmmmmm

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
some of the new features are cool but overall not liking the design. when looking at tabs such as artists, it just looks like a busy, poorly designed web page. not looking forward to having this until itunes 12 comes out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.