Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Do you think the case would fit with a back protector?

I don't think so cause its tight fit and snaps in the back case.

----------

I have this exact color for my white mini. So far, so good.

Ya it's nice but only one small gripe is that there is no soft cloth or anything on the back but it's not moving or anything to I guess it would be okay ( only time would tell)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Ya it's nice but only one small gripe is that there is no soft cloth or anything on the back but it's not moving or anything to I guess it would be okay ( only time would tell)

Exactly why I'd want to (try to) use a back protector as well. I don't want dirt getting trapped in there and scratching the back of the iPad.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Exactly why I'd want to (try to) use a back protector as well. I don't want dirt getting trapped in there and scratching the back of the iPad.

Good point. I didn't think about that. I might just keep it though cause so far this is one of the best smart case i've seen.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Good point. I didn't think about that. I might just keep it though cause so far this is one of the best smart case i've seen.

oh c'mon...are you guys at a job site or something? - put some painters tape back there if you are that OCD......I've owned every ipad they have made and never seen a pad scratch from DUST....

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I preordered a Berlin Cognac cover from Amazon some time ago, and received it today. Have only had it for a few hours and really love it already. All of the cut outs are perfect. I also love the built in buttons for the power and volume. The case covers and closes completely, leaving no exposed surfaces. It is Genuine Leather with a pleasant leather smell. Outside dimensions are 8 1/8" tall, 5 1/2" wide and a very slim 1/2" thick. The stitch work is very fine. The design is very form fitting. I Love It! ! !:)
This looks great! Can you confirm whether the upright viewing position is stable? I've read some comments that it tends to fall over.

BTW, it's apparently not available at Amazon US anymore (and the UK and German stores don't ship it to US addresses). :(

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
This looks great! Can you confirm whether the upright viewing position is stable? I've read some comments that it tends to fall over.

BTW, it's apparently not available at Amazon US anymore (and the UK and German stores don't ship it to US addresses). :(

I just received mine and was as equally unhappy with the fit as the other folks that have been posting their reviews on Amazon. It appears as of today, Kavaj or Amazon pulled them from sale.

-A

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA

jacoder

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
California
I preordered a Berlin Cognac cover from Amazon some time ago, and received it today. Have only had it for a few hours and really love it already. All of the cut outs are perfect. I also love the built in buttons for the power and volume. The case covers and closes completely, leaving no exposed surfaces. It is Genuine Leather with a pleasant leather smell. Outside dimensions are 8 1/8" tall, 5 1/2" wide and a very slim 1/2" thick. The stitch work is very fine. The design is very form fitting. I Love It! ! !:)

Agree!!! Got mine yesterday also! :D

Here are KAVAJ iPad mini leather case photo:

KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr

Rest of photo are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tohru/sets/72157632137015056/with/8232098714/

:D

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
While the kavaj looks good in black it has only 2 viewing angles. Devicewear still wins in my book

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
i ordered a nillkin case from china and its now turned up.

here are the pictures.

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
I am interested in this one: toffee slim folio for iPad mini

I know these are a bit pricey and not sure if they are really worth the money compared to others. Just wondering if anyone else here has experience with any of their products, particularly the iPad 2/3 version of slim folio.

Thanks.

I pre-ordered the red version of this Toffee case and received it yesterday. I must say I am very impressed with it. High quality leather, very well made and fits perfectly with all the cutouts properly aligned. Toffee customer service is very good too. One minor gripe is that tab must be used to keep it steady in viewing position.

alexus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2006
I have iPad mini (black) w/ RED smart cover...

I'd like to be able to take my iPad mini outside, so I'd like to protect it from scratched as such, so I purchased screen protector and now I'm looking to cover back of it. I'm looking for something slim (I dont want to add bulk)

any suggestion (that would co-exists w/ apple's smart cover)?

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I have iPad mini (black) w/ RED smart cover...

I'd like to be able to take my iPad mini outside, so I'd like to protect it from scratched as such, so I purchased screen protector and now I'm looking to cover back of it. I'm looking for something slim (I dont want to add bulk)

any suggestion (that would co-exists w/ apple's smart cover)?

See the Switcheasy Cover Buddy thread. Mine arrived yesterday.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I have a Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 which is more versatile, and is absolutely superb. Perhaps they'll bring one out for the Mini.

Watch this You Tube video to see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWdLpJPXhw8&feature=player_embedded

I watched and dont agree. Devicewear is still better although its not real leather. But at $26 ...

----------

I pre-ordered the red version of this Toffee case and received it yesterday. I must say I am very impressed with it. High quality leather, very well made and fits perfectly with all the cutouts properly aligned. Toffee customer service is very good too. One minor gripe is that tab must be used to keep it steady in viewing position.

I can see the stitching

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I watched and dont agree. Devicewear is still better although its not real leather. But at $26 ...

You don't agree with what? I wasn't comparing it to the Devicewear (which I have never seen). I was merely stating the FACT that the Kavaj Hamburg is more versatile than the Kavaj Berlin.

Each to his own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.