Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Got the ipad 3 shortly after launch, kinda disappointed that they released the ipad 4 so soon.

Anywho, got me thinking, if I should sell my 64gb AT&T ipad 3 for a 16gb AT&T ipad 4? I could prob sell the ipad 3 64gb for close to what it would cost for the 16gb ipad 4.

I don't really need the 64gb storage as I don't store stuff on there much, so 16gb 13gb available should be mostly ok for me.

Just wondering what other peeps would do? I'm thinking the extra storage doesn't do much for resell value, at least when the 5 comes around so would it make more sense to upgrade to the 16gb iPad4 for little or no money now and have the latest iPad, better resell value when the true next Gen iPad comes around?:D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I wouldn't bother but do whatever is good for you. I don't see the updates to be enough considering I'd have to invest in replacing a ton of cables or carry the same one around with me.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
That's a lot of space to give up in my opinion. I have the 64 G iPad 3 and would never give it up for something with 16 G, even if it was the newer one. If I had to upgrade sooner than later I'd at least aim for 32 G. Personally I'm waiting for the iPad 5 next year for my next upgrade. Feeling that every other year is pretty safe bet for upgrading the iPad.

Carla748

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I wouldn't we have a Ipad 3 and a 4 and I can't really tell much difference. I would keep the 64 GB . My 32gb Ipad 4 is almost filled up with photos from my recent trips. I'm kind jealous of my husbands ipad 3 with 64 GB- he has tons of space!

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Stand fast. Make no changes. Avoid further lock in due to lightning.

Or

If you enjoy spending your money & helping Apple grow fatter. Buy iPad 4.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
16GB storage is not worth it I realized I need more storage for pictures and 1080p video. I am hearing impaired so you will realize you want more storage for music in the future. :apple:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Honestly, if you find the upgrades worth it and you don't keep much on your iPad then go for it. What's funny is that had you said Mini instead of iPad 4, a lot of the people saying no would have said yes.

macsoc

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
I would keep the iPad 3. In my opinion the difference isn't large enough to warrant upgrading.

Agreed. I sold my iPad 3 (64gb), bought a 16gb iPad 4 - (yes it was gorgeous, crisp, fast)..but returned it and ended up with what I am really happy with a 64gb iPad mini. Stick with the iPad 3 (64gb). I would not recommend downgrading size if you have used a good portion of your space on the current iPad 3 (64gb)... you will regret downgrading space to that extent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.