Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Yay! No more cover flow. It never seemed like a good UX design...

coverflow works wonders in Finder. I have a folder full of icons that I want to select from and coverflow is the best way to find what I want.

but yeah in iTunes, it's not that great.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Now, I had used the purple one for all versions of iTunes 10 and iTunes 11 after updating retained that purple application icon.

I had a custom icon (a Led Zeppelin vinyl version of the old blue CD iTunes logo), and it stayed. That's convenient.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
you can remove that! acctually I remove it, I hate it... so fancy thing... looks better same design for all albums...

I like that feature. I just think Apple needs something in there to prevent colors from clashing like that. Black with a White shadow on Neon Green is painful to look at.

Some of the albums look pretty cool with the color choices chosen. It reminds me of what ebay does on the iPad app where it pixelates the page and uses it as the background so every page never looks the same.

johnmcboston

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
Boston
So in these days when no one buys CDs any more, they introduce an interface that mimcs CDs??

And where are my playlists? I'm supposed to treat 35K songs like one big library?

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
I have 2 albums of same singer and want to combine the songs in both. I cant do so in the new iTunes. I'm in album mode and frustrating.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Yeah, but they can also be nice:

Don't worry. Even though I have V.G. Varun music, I never listen to it.

I agree. The ones that take advantage of all of the colors of the album properly look great.
itunes11-3.jpg

I can see a thread posted to see what albums look the best.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
People are actually complaining about the removal of Coverflow? I though no one used that... I've never found a reason to use it.

When you don't know what you want to listen to, you can flip through it. The album artwork is nice, in general. And it will prompt you with some stuff you might not have thought of.

It seemed like a nice enough thing to use for browsing your collection.

garbeth

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Brisvegas
Generally I like it but miss some of the old features. Searching seems to suck a bit now and I miss being able to have a list view and view my album artwork.

ninman64

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
WIfI Syncing!

I don't believe this was possible before but without having your iPhone plugging into a wall outlet, iTunes 11 now allows you to sync over wifi. Finally no cables required! :cool:

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
No NFC, im not updating

If there is no NFC, larger screen or user replaceable battery included in this update, I'm not updating. Seriously apple, Samsung have these things, Steve Jobs would have never allowed Samsung to get so far ahead.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
If there is no NFC, larger screen or user replaceable battery included in this update, I'm not updating. Seriously apple, Samsung have these things, Steve Jobs would have never allowed Samsung to get so far ahead.

I agree.

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
Does the equalizer still exist,Is it still the customizing kind as it was before and where can we find it?Is it still under Window?

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
I have mixed feelings. Overall I like the snappiness, and it just looks cleaner and nicer. On the other hand, it seems pretty buggy, and iTunes Store searching is severely compromised for me - no sorting of any kind. I hope 11.1 will bring some serious updates...

grrbach

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Color Sidebar Icons! Does this mean...

Does this mean than the style-over-functionists have been, oh-so-rightly, run out of Apple!

I can now glance at the sidebar, not examine, and find what I'm looking for, not just from the item's position (or a uselessly, small gray icon), but from its color.

I am cautiously hopeful that Finder's interface will see such a return to sanity... and good interface design practices.

Paint me happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.