Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
Very fast. Very sleek. Very intuitive and well thought out. Love it!

Had a few bugs (for example, store content showed all messed up after search) but I'm sure all this will be ironed out soon. All in all absolutely satisfied and thrilled about this big update!

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
I read all of the posts here...PEOPLE!!!!!!

95% of the problems you are having is because you don't know how to work iTunes 11 yet. Most of the thing you say are missing and/or screwed up, are just hidden and still there or have a different way of doing the same thing. Don't give up so easy. Google your problems and find fixes :)

The other 5% is coverflow is missing. But as someone pointed out, Microsoft uses something that looks like coverflow now, and so does the Kindle fire, so it is kind of played out.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
One MAJOR warning: Apple has completely changed the way you do media file management in iTunes 11.0 on your iPod. Good thing I have an old iPod nano (3G 8 GB) to "practice" on learning how to use it.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
So we still have to watch movies in 4:3 aspect ratio? Is there a way to fix that without recoding?

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Does the equalizer still exist,Is it still the customizing kind as it was before and where can we find it?Is it still under Window?

Yes it still exists.

Does this mean than the style-over-functionists have been, oh-so-rightly, run out of Apple!

I can now glance at the sidebar, not examine, and find what I'm looking for, not just from the item's position (or a uselessly, small gray icon), but from its color.

I am cautiously hopeful that Finder's interface will see such a return to sanity... and good interface design practices.

Paint me happy!

Am I missing something? There is a sidebar in iTunes 11 that works just like the one in iTunes 10.7 but with some additional features.

MinorBidoh

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
uk
I'm having an small issue with the mini player. I thought that it was supposed to have the information displayed and when you hovered over it with mouse the controls would appear. Mine at the moment only ever has the controls, with the 'backtrack' highlighted in blue.

I do have a small pic to the left, but when the cursor is removed from the player it doesn't change. Bug? or me being dim?

EDIT: Yes I was dim. Press TAB and it cycles through to the search icon. Wait a second and info comes up.

Last edited:

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Better read the license agreement guys...

"By clicking agree, you also acknowledge that Apple may sew your mouth to the butt-hole of another iTunes user. Apple and it's subsidiaries may also, if necessary, sew another persons mouth onto your butt-hole, making you a being that shares one gastral tract." - Wouldn't wan't another Kyle incident now would we? ;)

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
It's amazing how they made the UI so much simpler while retaining most of the features. There's a lot of brilliant little UI touches, like how when I start dragging a song, my playlist slides into view. I also find it much more conducive to building a real time playlist than djay, which I seldom used. The more I use it, the more impressed I am by what Apple's accomplished with this upgrade. Kudos to the iTunes team.

DP812

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
Count me among those who misses Cover Flow. I mostly use iTunes for movies and TV shows, and whenever I was at a loss for what to watch, I would just scan through Cover Flow and see what caught my eye. I kept praying Apple would bring the feature to the Apple TV.

cflem

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Texas
where is the podcast icloud subscription sync?

so let me get this straight it works iOS to iOS... but not from iOS to iTunes 11?

Huh?

WHY does Apple keep doing this stuff? So irresponsible to not do the simplest things on all devices... they so miss the entire point sometimes.. mind boggling.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
It will be the ONLY new feature in the next Mac OS.

I will buy it.

There might be a theme for download that does this anyway. I don't know if ThemePark still works, but there are probably other theme programs for Mtn Lion if it doesn't.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
What the **** is wrong with you? others are Entitled to express their own opinions and you should respect that. Never used CF much, nevertheless, Jobs liked it and it should've stayed as an option.

I don't know about that. A theoretical Big Time Rush fan who uses Windows Vista, prefers a 90s Toyota Corolla over a new Mercedes E class, automatically hates anything made in the year 2004 for no reason, is terribly afraid of dogs, loves the Will.i.am iPhone accessory, supports Affirmative Action, and whose favorite show is something stupid like Jersey Shore would lose considerable respect from me.

----------

Can anyone stick to topic? Go to the apple support community for this answer. And yes u can like u could b4

That is on topic... What do you want, only praise/hate comments about iTunes?

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
What happened to the option for opening a playlist in a separate window?

has anybody found out how to do this in the new version?

gijoeinla

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Just downloaded the new Apple Remote on my Ipad. Plus updated my Apple TV.

The Apple TV update was way fast.

It's working perfect. The App, Remote - is really a BIG change. The music aspect ROCKS. My whole library is there, and the interface is like the new iTunes. The UP NEXT feature is perfect. Adds the album or the songs and the artwork is just like iTunes, colors etc.

I'm floored, so far the music side of remote is awesome. The icon is all new. Looks like Apple or Cue is sharpening the icons - real crisp.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
It was great for showcasing album art on a tv connected to a Stereo .

Great for parties

You can click on the album artwork on the song playing up top and it will pop out full size, you can even resize it. It may not be as good for that reason as cover flow still because it does cover up the UI instead of being a part of it.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Overall, I like the new design. Coverflow was pretty, but worked better on an iDevice. I much prefer the new arrangement for the Mac. And the iDevice interface is cleaner and faster.

I too couldn't see the Airplay button -- until my AppleTV was turned on. Then it automatically appeared. If the only Airplay option is your computer, it doesn't show (which makes sense).

One odd glitch: if I accidentally hit the X on the mini-player, iTunes remains open but with nothing there. The window will restore by clicking the iTunes icon in the dock. But why even have an X on the mini-player? It should simply be a restore button.

DCT

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Missing Volume Control?

The only thing I miss so far is the volume control in the mini iTunes display as an upfront feature. Having to use the pull-down is an extra step for something that I think is one of the most common controls along with start/stop/pause.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.