Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mapleleafer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Just curious to see what Apple's definition of "available" is. Available to order? Available in stores to see and maybe even touch? Or available. Only one positive response is necessary, so let's not get carried away with rants or other irrelevant things.

NextGenApple

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Spot the difference

One is old model, another is NEW one

Attachments

• A85plgFCcAADI-g.jpg-large.jpeg
    A85plgFCcAADI-g.jpg-large.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 914
  • A85pUz-CUAErvue.jpg-large.jpeg
    A85pUz-CUAErvue.jpg-large.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 709

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
From that view, I can't say I would really mind that whole INCH of depth... For an optical drive, and a side mounted SD slot. Maybe some expandability, but Phil said that makes me a dinosaur... Since he's roughly double my age, guess that make him a senile old fuddy duddy! What's older than a dinosaur anyway? An ameba? I'd pick the fuddy duddy if I were you Phil! :D

Chihawk725

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
Less glare

Wasnt sure if I was Gunna upgrade my iMac this year, but after seeing the Aussie pics online I am now convinced. The most important thing to me is the screen not whether it had outdated tech like FireWire or cd player and look at the difference! Anyone who bought a similar priced refurb must be kicking themselves. The one thing that doesn't show up on the so called specs people mention is the massive improvement in the part of the iMac we use the most, THE SCREEN :D don't settle for those old gloss boxes do your eyes a favor and get 2012 model :apple:

NextGenApple

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Wasnt sure if I was Gunna upgrade my iMac this year, but after seeing the Aussie pics online I am now convinced. The most important thing to me is the screen not whether it had outdated tech like FireWire or cd player and look at the difference! Anyone who bought a similar priced refurb must be kicking themselves. The one thing that doesn't show up on the so called specs people mention is the massive improvement in the part of the iMac we use the most, THE SCREEN :D don't settle for those old gloss boxes do your eyes a favor and get 2012 model :apple:

Justify your purchase by all means but not everyone sits in a room that affects them in terms of screen glare. Yeah waste up to 1-3k on a new computer just for non glare. Some need it some don't know need to belittle them.

Personally I'll be picking up rev 2 as soon as it lands next year. Trust me it will before you reply 2013 iMac won't happen, like the rest of you 2012 NEW members have been saying. Clearly don't know Apple.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Justify your purchase by all means but not everyone sits in a room that affects them in terms of screen glare. Yeah waste up to 1-3k on a new computer just for non glare. Some need it some don't know need to belittle them.

Personally I'll be picking up rev 2 as soon as it lands next year. Trust me it will before you reply 2013 iMac won't happen, like the rest of you 2012 NEW members have been saying. Clearly don't know Apple.

Oh look, he's back to force his opinion on others again. :rolleyes:

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
i'm ordering mine tomorrow as far as taking possession sadly ill have to wait for it to arrive :(

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Is it just me, or do they look like "big" boxes, maybe for the 27" ?

IDK...the 2 in the back look like they could be the 27" , unless they are raised on a step or something. I have never purchased an iMac, so Im naive to how large the boxes are:(......

pedroventura

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Someone please hold a paperclip up to the bezel... I need to know if there are magnets in there!

It must have magnets, they couldn't friction stir the thing with all the internals and monitor inside.
It still has to be assembled, i believe the welding is just to create the channels for cooling in the chin.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
i'm ordering mine tomorrow as far as taking possession sadly ill have to wait for it to arrive :(

Same here seems like I can't get a straight answer on the Fusion Drive model availability in Apple retail stores from anyone or anywhere - I called a few stores and have been scouring the Internet. Maybe I just cannot accept the fact that I'll have to simply order it online and wait :D

Chihawk725

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012

Whoa, sorry I got you so upset! I had no intention to make you so mad. Did you recently buy a refurb or suggest one to some friends? Because then I would understand you being so mad :D. I need a new computer, my old iMac is getting slow. I prefer apple and their desktops so I do not think the sub 2k computer I will be investing in is at all a "waste" as you so belittlingly (sic) put it. My current iMac sits away from direct light otherwise it is more of a mirror than a computer, but even in my basement the glare on this thing has me excited for apples newest direct lamination/plasma deposition technology for the new iMac. Of course apple will be coming out with a 2013 iMac! It is just called the 2012 iMac silly. The restraints on manufacturing mean that this computer won't hit full stride in sales until early to mid 2013, sorry, but next truly new iMac = mid 2014 so do not get those Haswell hopes up too high. Oh and your comment about me being a new user? How ignorant do you sound! Yes the only way that someone can know information about apple and their products is if they are 2011 macrumors members or earlier ! :rolleyes: gimme a break bro

MagicThief83

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
NYC
Was in the Apple store doing a last minute comparison between the 21.5" and the 27". I'm drawn to the form factor of the 21.5" (sounds weird), but I know I'm gonna love the internals of the high-end 27"...damn it...the final hour draws near!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.