Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
All,

I've been searching for a good case for my ipt 5g since I picked it up at the Apple store over a week ago. Does anyone know if any really nice leather cases are available or coming soon for the ipt 5g? Even if you know of a company that makes a good case for previous models, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

J

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Take a look at Saddleback Leather. I'm a huge fan and own many of their products. You'll have to ask their customer service if they have something that fits the latest iPod touch model.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
Thanks! I'll check out both :)

----------

Definitely like both companies products. I guess now it's time to make a decision.

LorenK

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Illinois
Check out Piel Frama. They are available through Cases.com. Fine Spanish leather. I have one for my iPod Touch 4 and will likely be getting one for my iPhone 5.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
Check out Piel Frama. They are available through Cases.com. Fine Spanish leather. I have one for my iPod Touch 4 and will likely be getting one for my iPhone 5.

Just checked the iphone 5 cases out and they are pretty sweet! If the ipod touch 5g cases are as nice, I may have to consider one. Only thing, they are a bit pricey, but they definitely look expensive :)

J

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Big fan of knomo stuff here. I must email them and ask if they are going to do a ipod touch case any time soon.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I love the products from Joli Originals, I bought a leather sleeve from them for my Air. I was in contact with them today and they are in the process of creating a series for iPod Touch which should be up for order towards the end of next week, I'm planning to get one:

http://shop.jolioriginals.com

Their customer service is excellent, so if you drop them an email you should get a response pretty quickly.

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
I love the products from Joli Originals, I bought a leather sleeve from them for my Air. I was in contact with them today and they are in the process of creating a series for iPod Touch which should be up for order towards the end of next week, I'm planning to get one:

http://shop.jolioriginals.com

Their customer service is excellent, so if you drop them an email you should get a response pretty quickly.

Sleeves are nice and I do like the way the ones from Joli look, however, I am looking moreso for a portfolio type leather case. My 4g ipt case was perfect, but unfortunately I can no longer use it.

J

TitleWavess

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Best iPod Touch 5th Generation Leather Case

IMHO....

41gkSK3soAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/splash-FLIP-Napa-Leather-Case

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I actually ordered that exact case from Splash, however, I DO NOT recommend ordering from them. I placed my order for it on October 23 and I just got my case around the middle of last week! They kept making excuses for it not shipping. Good case, but bad company... My two cents!

J

I ordered a case from Splash, and their orders were backed up due to the fact that they were coming from the Eastern U.S. where they were having hurricanes, then nor'easter storms. They were more than helpful when I emailed and asked about my order. I have family in New Jersey, so I know what a mess they were in out there. I know this might not be the reason for your delay, I guess I'd cut them some slack just in case...

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
from the description of the Slimbook:

"Made of vegan leather"

WTF is vegan leather? From cows that died a natural death? From cows that willed their skin as organ donors? Cows are vegan by nature, so i suppose their leather would also be vegan.

Synthetic Leather not made from animals. Lol Don't tell but I definitely had to ask...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.