Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhyWhyWhyWhy

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
It works fine for me.

Interesting, doesn't work at my end. Maybe it's a bug in the German version that I use...

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Pinch to zoom would have been nice to quickly change size of album art / movie covers.

Oh well. Maybe in a future update.

jasonefmonk

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2011
No good way to see TV Shows separated by Season. The little drop menu is way slower and you can't see all the different album art for each season.

cambo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Where did "random" play go?

I'm liking the new iTunes 11 look and feel.

It does seem to have a few problems and I've had to force quit 3 times already - but that could be iTunes Store/communications related.

I quite miss the album artwork when playing a song (except in microscopic form in the mini-browser).

And I definitely do not like that my playlists which used to play in random order now only play according to how they are sorted. How can I sort randomly?

And it still doesn't send the Visualizer to AppleTV :-(

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
So far...I'm kind of in love with this update!

iTunes needed color, badly. It was bland as could be. Now it's there. I love that the expanded view matches the color schemes of the cover art. I especially love that it does it automagically, even covers that I've designed translate beautifully. I also like the store link being right there in the expanded view. If I want something new, or to see if an artist has anything new out, I can make one click and it's there.

I use iTunes for all my media files as well, a lot of movies and TV shows. This is a big improvement there as well. For movies, it's kind of ho-hum, but the store link again is nice. I can see recommendations of similar titles and it looks nice.

For TV shows, this is a massive and welcome change. I have multiple seasons stored for lots of shows. Being able to just have one main icon and then click between seasons is fantastic. It's much cleaner and easier to navigate. And yes, it even works for shows that I've ripped and organized manually.

Now they just need to copy this exact thing to the iPad.

WhyWhyWhyWhy

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Interesting, doesn't work at my end. Maybe it's a bug in the German version that I use...

Found the answer to the problem in the Apple forum: The Column Browser for Playlists cannot be switched on/off when the Sidebar is shown!

Now how much sense does that make???

Last edited:

tag86

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I have a couple of minor questions.

1. Is it possible to get the album artwork back in the lower left hand corner?

2. Is is possible to bring up the Genius sidebar on the right hand side. I found this a good way of finding new songs I might like.

3. Is there a way to bring the downloads back to the left hand sidebar rather than as a popup window.

Thanks

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Since this update the audio is skipping in my music. This is even in music purchased from iTunes. I'm on a Retina Macbook Pro, and OS X 10.8.2. Anybody else experiencing this?

StevenMycheals

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
Montréal
Wow what a Big change

Huge update so far my impression is good in general

except

1) The white background is not as good as the black background I wish a option to change the color of the background

2) Coverflow should be re-integrated as soon as possible as a option

3) I dont like the size of the cover art of a album is too small I liked better the old way and adjustable size when it was in the lower left of the window

My last remark is about this version of iTunes have so many feature and option that its easy to get lost but I presume with time we will get used to all theses changes for the better

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
I'm really surprised so many people cared enough about Cover Flow that they're claiming they won't be upgrading.

It was more a Core Animation tech demo than a useful feature. It's pretty dated now.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I'm really surprised so many people cared enough about Cover Flow that they're claiming they won't be upgrading.

It was more a Core Animation tech demo than a useful feature. It's pretty dated now.

it was kinda cool for setting a playlist and just have the big cover art displayed as it played...but it was totally useless if you had to actually find your music

Xano

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011

The new iTunes store have a cover flow banner on the top!
Cover Flow should be re-integrated with expanded view.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
3) I dont like the size of the cover art of a album is too small I liked better the old way and adjustable size when it was in the lower left of the window

agreed, it's a glaring miss here, and for artists. iTunes *needs* bigger cover art, not just thumbnails.

my brother isnt very tech savvy so he was very happy with the upgrade, but the one complaint he had to me was why couldnt he make album art in album-view bigger.

my complaint is why the heck can't you sort/group the albums, this is useless without grouping options.

Radin.Y

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Michigan
the new search sucks

the new search can't handle multiple details. If you search name of an artist and a song, it won't bring you any results! So many songs share same names, and each artist has many songs. This makes it hard to get to a specific song through the search! That's horrible! :(

Mugwumper

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Temecula, CA
Any way to run v10 and v11 on the same machine?

With the comments from both the lovers and haters ;^) I'd like to see these 2 versions running side by side to help me decide whether I'll switch to v11. Is that even possible? Any ideas how?

I seem to remember when switching to previous new versions that the iTunes Library had to be "updated" to run in the new version. Is the same true with v11?

Then the other unknown is how long we'll be able to run v10. Maybe not supported in 10.9?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.