Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
I can get a TD for $800. It has approximately 22 months left on the Apple Care warranty. My question is should I snap it up with only 22 months remaining AC warranty?

All advice welcome:)

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
I can get a TD for $800. It has approximately 22 months left on the Apple Care warranty. My question is should I snap it up with only 22 months remaining AC warranty?

All advice welcome:)
I got a refurb from Apple with educational discount and paid $849 and added AppleCare for $79. Granted that's $130 more but I had the full, three year warranty. If you know how well the display was handled and how much it was used and you have the peace of mind of 22 months of coverage and YOU feel like it's a good deal then go for it and don't look back! :)

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I had read.....

something goes on in the USB ports in TB displays from Apple (some people using some sort of vodoo to gettinng them to work :)). Also, happens to remember some data about a 0.15% of posible failure in the range of 2-5 years after moderate-severe use.

I am sided with the another poster about the refurbished TB display plus new AppleCare

:):apple:

mtmac

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Wait for the new one, hopefully soon but probably by spring. A display should last for a few computers, but the dock with USB 2.0 is already antiquated. It's a lot of money for old technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.