Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shortcut3d

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
I restored from an iCloud backup of my iPad 3 64GB AT&T to my new iPad mini 64GB AT&T. Almost the apps were broken and had to be removed and reinstalled. I'm still finding broken apps. The apps launch then crash immediately. Any suggestions to fix this? I have a white mini coming soon and will perform a similar restore if it works.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
try to download a free app on the app store with your app store account and try again

shortcut3d

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
So I should try downloading an app I do not have in my iCloud account to fix the broken apps? Not quite following the logic.

I've downloaded from App Store to reinstall apps but it did not fix the others. For clarification the broken apps launch to their splash screens then crash back to the home screen.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think its because your Ipad 3 run retina display version of all the apps and Ipad mini, apart from having same ratio, is sporting an Ipad 2 screen resolution.

nehope

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
I did the same thing - restored my mini from an iPad 3 backup and have not had any problems with my apps. My problems are with my music. Any restore I do from a cloud backup does not restore my music to the device. Always have to do that manually which is annoying.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I think its because your Ipad 3 run retina display version of all the apps and Ipad mini, apart from having same ratio, is sporting an Ipad 2 screen resolution.

Not true.

An iCloud back up does not work like that.

It saves, the fact you have the app downloaded, it's place on the home screen and it's settings.

It does not save the app itself.

When you restore, it goes to the app store and downloads all the apps fresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.