Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
The U.S. education store that I was checking never went down (at least not for more than one minute.) Ordered a maxed out 27" except for memory, which I'll buy separately. Given supply constraints, I wonder how long it'll take the shipping estimate to go higher than the 2-3 weeks quoted or if that estimate is even going to be accurate.

Last edited:

ashy7

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
Has anyone checked with anyone at apple UK if they will be available to order today, I would have thought if they were, they would be up by now?

Looks like I've missed my window to order before work. :(

I had an online chat on the UK apple store yesterday and was told that they would definitely be going on sale today. Didn't know what time though.

Deanobear

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I just ordered my 27" iMac - i5 3.2 - 16gb ram, nVidia 680MX, 3tb fusion drive, AppleCare (I'm cursed so I need i) - all up $3,362 Australian dollars - says should arrive in 2-3 weeks ... yippeee! :D

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Ordered. 27 inch, i7, 1TB Fusion, 680, AppleCare.... I wrestled with the AppleCare. Hope it turns out to be useful.

2-3 weeks (Dec 24-31)
I went with the same except no Apple Care. I will add later. I also got 1 to 1 care so they can fix my ghost iCloud account problem. I have a new iPhone 5, a new iPad 3 and now a new iMac. They can fix it so I don't have 24 calendars, songs that delete their purchase history, so it only plays the 1:05 sample, duplicate emails, etc. I'm sick of being on the phone with people who can't figure it out. $99 is not too much to spend to get it fixed right.

----------

Some debit cards have lower daily spending limits ($1000). You might have to call your bank to get it raised temporarily to make a big purchase.

There is an option to divide it amongst 2 debit cards in the payment section, too.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Done and done here in Canada also.... Ordered 27" base model, 2-3 weeks shipping date (estimated 19-27 December) was stated during checkout.

I would say that it all went very smoothly for me, but i'll never say that until I am actually setting the new iMac up on my desk in a few weeks time -now time for Stage 2 -the "hope I placed my order correctly/hope there are no problems with my order" feeling.

wdowell

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
FR
I am in Belgium, and like folks in Germany and the UK we haven't got the possibility as yet. AS far as I can tell no European sites are up. i would call apple but last time, three years ago with the last imac big update, they messed up my order sending it to the neigbour, US keyboard (rather than UK) and it took 5 weeks..

AlanFord

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Cro
this is annoying :( when will the rest of the planet get to order ?

When you get usedto it,its pretty normal.
I live in country without Apple store, where imac will be available arround february, month to wait for bto, and about 15% more money then it cost in europe.
Hope I cheared you up a bit :)

WrrN

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Was the store down ahead the launch? I think to other countries are still changing the site...

No, it did not go down and the ordering was available at about 23:57, but might have been earlier (if I were mad enough to check every 30 seconds). Checking every 10 minutes was desperate enough.

canadax14

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
Canada
Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!! Ordered 27 inch!!! This is christmas x10000 after a year of waiting. I totally can't go back to sleep. :) i will miss you guys!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.