Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chunk72

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
Durham, UK
27" 3.4, 680mx 2Gb, with 3TB fusion.

Looking forward to Christmas hope Santa delivers on time!

2-3 weeks will seem like an age. Off to order some crucial memory now. :D

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
saved $50 on education discount. I was just curious how Apple actually verifies that someone goes to school and is eligible for the discount? It seems anyone can use the education store.

I've heard of audits rarely being done after the fact. Who knows for sure?

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
saved $50 on education discount. I was just curious how Apple actually verifies that someone goes to school and is eligible for the discount? It seems anyone can use the education store.

Anyone can place an order on the edu store, but generally they will contact you for verification of your status. I've had to send them a copy of my university ID in the past. They send an email asking for verification - can't remember if they say they'll cancel the order or just charge you the regular price if you can't provide verification. However, it's entirely possible that they'll process the order without verifying, but that hasn't been my experience.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
So funny that this thread died right before they went live on the online store.
Got mine by the way. 27" 3.4 8gb 1tb fusion GTX680.
(With 32GB RAM sitting on my desk ready to go in.)

Hash Boom Tag

Hercs74

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Essex U.K
I have just been in store and purchased the base 21" model..!! It is more than adequate for me needs..

I am a virgin Apple Mac user.. Apple staff set it all up and talked through how to use it.. They spent an hour with me going through it answering all my questions and explaining customer care...!!!

Microsoft and manufacturers of windows based systems u can learn a lot from apple..!!!

Good bye Microsoft I'm not sorry to see u go...!!!!

Midgar777

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
I have just been in store and purchased the base 21" model..!! It is more than adequate for me needs..

I am a virgin Apple Mac user.. Apple staff set it all up and talked through how to use it.. They spent an hour with me going through it answering all my questions and explaining customer care...!!!

Microsoft and manufacturers of windows based systems u can learn a lot from apple..!!!

Good bye Microsoft I'm not sorry to see u go...!!!!

Welcome, I'm sure you will love it - they usually give pretty good customer service :)! I also bought a 21.5 inch today...looking forward to it arriving!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.