Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Good thing Obama was reelected! [/SARCASM]

All we need is to keep punishing those who took up America's legendary offer of "Freedom, and "Land of Opportunity."

"Come work are, excel at what you do, rise to the top and prosper!"

Now it's "How dare you make more money than everyone else! You need to contribute MORE!"

Makes me sick!

bmunge

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012

All we need is to keep punishing those who took up America's legendary offer of "Freedom, and "Land of Opportunity."

Now it's "How dare you make more money than everyone else! You need to contribute MORE!"

Makes me sick!

It makes me more sick that people reduce the economic situation we are in down to a Fox News talking point.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Annual Xmas shopping.

----------

Makes me sick!

Get used to it...:cool: At least for 4 more years.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Cash them in before tax increases beginning next year in California and the US.

California sucks. If you make $44,000 per year you're taxed at the same rate as someone making $900,000 per year. Same bracket. 9.3% :rolleyes:

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
It makes me more sick that people reduce the economic situation we are in down to a Fox News talking point.
It makes me more sick that people see a logical conservative viewpoint, and rather than offering an intelligent argument as to why they disagree, they say "Fox News would say that, so it's clearly not valid!"

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles

Makes me sick!

I agree 100%
I just can't believe the bitterness and victimhood of some people. Because someone is doing well, they have to punish them.

But, I digress, that's a WHOLE different topic.

I feel great for Bob, I hope I can get there one day myself with hard work and dedication!

akrantz

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
It makes me more sick that people see a logical conservative viewpoint, and rather than offering an intelligent argument as to why they disagree, they say "Fox News would say that, so it's clearly not valid!"

I would hardly call the post he was replying to a "logical conservative viewpoint". Leading with sarcasm (by his own admission) is rarely ever a great way to be taken seriously. Your failure to recognize that just comes across as being angry and defeated, not rational. That being said, I have trouble understanding who would expect to be taken seriously when they are using technology forums as a place to espouse their political beliefs? Surely there are more appropriate places to find an educated debate if that's what you are after. No?

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
@ political argument. You guys will never win over each other because it is a state of mind. Some people would jump off a cliff for money and some would live life. Just let the people die for money (too bad they kill off the environment as well:( ) and let the earth repair lol

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I would hardly call the post he was replying to a "logical conservative viewpoint". Leading with sarcasm (by his own admission) is rarely ever a great way to be taken seriously. Your failure to recognize that just comes across as being angry and defeated, not rational. That being said, I have trouble understanding who would expect to be taken seriously when they are using technology forums as a place to espouse their political beliefs? Surely there are more appropriate places to find an educated debate if that's what you are after. No?

Take a look in the political section of MR boards for de-railed liberals who live there 24/7.

JayJayAbels

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2012
Don't even get me started on Conservatives...

No one on this forum is in the top 2%. You're all living off a patently false promise of "wealth" and "riches" so long as you work hard. Garbage.

And that's how they keep you hooked.

"One day YOU will be this rich and you don't want Uncle Sam taxing you do ya?"

^ No... in fact... you won't be that rich.

And if you are... you pay back into the system that got you there.

Period.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

All we need is to keep punishing those who took up America's legendary offer of "Freedom, and "Land of Opportunity."...

Apple makes money in the US because..
1) We have good public education
2) We enforce the law and have a court system
3) We spend $1T a year to gard "our" oil supplies
4) We have transportation infra structure
andso on and so on.

It the above were not true then Apple would pick up and move to (say) Mexico in a minute. They stay here because they need the government services they can't get in other places. One could argue that the rich use FAR MORE government service than the poor.

What poor guy needs to find and hire 20,000 engineers. No one finds 20,000 engineers unless they liv in a place with good education. What poor guy eeds a Coast Gard to keep pirate away from his cargo ships?

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada

So you must be a liberal then? If that's the case you shouldn't care about this topic or any other, right? Tax and spend, tax and spend.....etc. After all "the universe will unfold as it should." Right?
Lighten up and have another of whatever it is you're having.

Mwahahaha:D

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California

There is no sound logic behind conservative viewpoints.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC

Makes me sick!

Asking people to contribute more is not the same as vilifying them. I'm sorry, it's just not.

derek4484

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2010
Same here

California sucks. If you make $44,000 per year you're taxed at the same rate as someone making $900,000 per year. Same bracket. 9.3% :rolleyes:

I can't speak to all states, but it's the same here in S.C. Our top bracket is 7% and it starts at $12,000 per year income. So, anybody basically not in poverty pays the same income tax rate.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
There is no sound logic behind conservative viewpoints.

Except American history, basic economics, and basic human nature -- all the things that our well-intentioned Liberal friends either have forgotten or never knew in the first place.

Mansfield is doing what many wealthy people have been doing since the election -- moving assets around now to avoid higher tax liabilities next year. The odds are that taxes will be going up next year, at least for Mansfield, unless Congress and the President kick the can down the road for another year or two. From an asset management point of view, selling portions of his stock now makes perfect sense, rather than have it subject to higher taxes next year.

What baffles me is why Apple (or anyone else for that matter) remains in California. According to the WSJ, it's the worst run state in the country.

Thinkstock> Debt per capita: $4,008 (18th highest)
> Budget deficit: 20.7% (17th largest)
> Unemployment: 11.7% (2nd highest)
> Median household income: $57,287 (10th highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 16.6% (18th highest)

California is 24/7 Wall St.’s “Worst Run State” for the second year in a row. Due to high levels of debt, the state’s S&P credit rating is the worst of all states, while its Moody’s credit rating is the second-worst. Much of California’s fiscal woes involve the economic downturn. Home prices plunged by 33.6% between 2006 and 2011, worse than all states except for three. The state’s foreclosure rate and unemployment rate were the third- and second-highest in the country, respectively. But efforts to get finances on track are moving forward. State voters passed a ballot initiative to raise sales taxes as well as income taxes for people who make at least $250,000 a year. While median income is the 10th-highest in the country, the state also has one of the highest tax burdens on income. According to the Tax Foundation, the state also has the third-worst business tax climate in the country.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-best-and-worst-run-states-in-america-150415625.html

The California Dream is dead. The liberals killed it.

Last edited:

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA

No one on this forum is in the top 2%. You're all living off a patently false promise of "wealth" and "riches" so long as you work hard. Garbage.

And that's how they keep you hooked.

"One day YOU will be this rich and you don't want Uncle Sam taxing you do ya?"

^ No... in fact... you won't be that rich.

And if you are... you pay back into the system that got you there.

Period.

Oh really? No one is in the top 2%? If you make more than 200K per year (which is a comfortable - not luxury living in manhattan) you are in the top 2%. Which is bull.

EVERYONE should pay the same tax rate - you shouldn't pay more if you worked hard and became successful. And I say this as a very liberal, not 2%, new yorker.

You raise rates on the successful, and they pull a Mitt Romney - and take all their money overseas. It's not beneficial to raise rates on them, because they'll just stop spending their money here.

Also increasing PAYROLL taxes obama? WTF??? You're making it MORE expensive to hire people? Are you RETARDED?

----------

Apple makes money in the US because..
1) We have good public education
2) We enforce the law and have a court system
3) We spend $1T a year to gard "our" oil supplies
4) We have transportation infra structure
andso on and so on.

It the above were not true then Apple would pick up and move to (say) Mexico in a minute. They stay here because they need the government services they can't get in other places. One could argue that the rich use FAR MORE government service than the poor.

What poor guy needs to find and hire 20,000 engineers. No one finds 20,000 engineers unless they liv in a place with good education. What poor guy eeds a Coast Gard to keep pirate away from his cargo ships?

That's about the worst argument I've ever heard. Barely valid.

What rich guy has all of his living expenses paid by the government because he dropped out of high school to do drugs?

What rich guy is on Food Stamps because he can, even though his family makes 100K per year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.