Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
iPhone 5 shell
A6X Processor (Scaled down)
12MP shooter
*insert gimmick feature that doesn't work well and few will ever use*
iOS 7

The End.

Adeybest

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
From past experience Im sure many of you would agree that next years iphone will probably be the same size with little if any change from the look of the iphone 5 and would probably be called the 5s or something similar. Obviously Im just speculating like anyone else. It would make better business sense from apples piont of view to make only minor changes to the design as they would save money by doing this. I have a 4s 64gb but didnt take the plunge by getting an iphone 5 as i didnt see it as worth upgrading to. However, if the next iphone was to be released in a 128gb version I would upgrade straight away. I know some of you wouldnt be tempted by larger storage and prefer cloud storage etc. but i love my music- i listen to my music in the car with phone connected via usb to headunit and i listen to my music at home via bluetooth connection to my stereo and love a decent amount of music to choose from without having to mess about or pay for cloud storage. Just thought I would share this with you all!

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Heres my iPhone 6 predictions:

- 4.3" LCD screen. It will be OLED. The screen will be just as tall, but slightly wider.
- Liquid metal backing. It will be a thin metal but extra strong to resist scratches and bending.
- No more home button.
- Available in 128GB size
- Camera will be 12MP with low light capability.
- NFC
- Battery life will be 20 hours of WiFi surfing, 18 hours over cellular.
- Wireless charging.

- They won't change the size
- Liquid metal? Like in Terminator 2? Cool
- Home button will still be there
- 128 GB is a given
- Camera 10mp
- Wireless charging? Hmmm... ok.

It will have a built-in projector for screen viewing and keyboard.

Last edited:

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I would really like a notification light, letting me know of a missed call, text or email.

I know there are those who say they hate that, but you can turn it off, as there are people out there that would really like this feature. It is the one feature I miss from my BlackBerry days.

And no the camera flash is not always best at doing this.

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
I pretty much go on every whole # cycle, never had an S. The 5 is a beast of a phone, it will be hard to top. Maybe screen get a little bigger, larger capacity HDD, etc. When is there a diminishing return on specs, its still a phone?

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
My guess is that 6 will be same form factor as 5 with - Unless there is a 5S. At some point i believe we will see a Phablet or a combo of a mini and phone. Other than that i expect to see improved components overall.

scat999999

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2003
A6x processor
improved camera
Siri improvements
Map improvements
Longer battery life

No change in screen or form factor.

I'm due a full upgrade in May. I'll wait for the 5S.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I'm on my 4S now, will be getting the 5S when I'm avaliable to upgrade next fall

I'm sure we will see this on the 5S, which is typical:

Faster processor
Improved camera
Siri improved, maybe Siri will be more integrated throughout the phone
Same form factor, maybe tweaked a little
Improved battery
Improved quality control and anodizing finish
iOS 7, which could be a lot different with the changes that Apple is going through

That's about all I can think of.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
To those requesting a 12 MP camera:

1. How do you propose Apple deal with the resulting image degradation?
2. What do you intend to do with the extra resolution?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
To those requesting a 12 MP camera:

1. How do you propose Apple deal with the resulting image degradation?
2. What do you intend to do with the extra resolution?

Bragging rights are all that matter. I have more MP's than you!

Extra resolution no problem. The iPhone will reduce the resolution to email, iMessage, etc. You will even be able to automatically throw out 10 MPs when you take the picture so you can have a manageable 2 MP. Should be terrific!! :rolleyes:

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Heres my iPhone 6 predictions:

- 4.3" LCD screen. It will be OLED. The screen will be just as tall, but slightly wider.
- Liquid metal backing. It will be a thin metal but extra strong to resist scratches and bending.
- No more home button.
- Available in 128GB size
- Camera will be 12MP with low light capability.
- NFC
- Battery life will be 20 hours of WiFi surfing, 18 hours over cellular.
- Wireless charging.

What he says \/

Attachments

• This_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures_2.jpg
    This_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures_2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 58

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Hum, your predictions are unrealistic and some (OLED) would be a step backwards.

My predictions:

Still the same screen size and resolution with IGZO and image quality improvements
Faster processor (custom design)
Faster graphics
12 Mpx camera with improved post processing
Much better battery life
Slightly thinner
NFC for Passbook and new features competitors don't have
Mobile payment and secure authentication
No inductive charging (pointless and makes the phone thicker)
Improved Siri and a couple gimmicky features you may or may not use
UI changes for the sake of change just to shut up the whiners

have you read the news about wireless charging on iPhone? it just came out today: http://bgr.com/2012/11/29/apple-wireless-charging-patent/

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
1). Indestructible.
2). Solid precious metal (but still indestructible)
3). More "innovation" and other "buzz" words
4). Cheaper

You guys are funny though. Seriously.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I'd be happy if all they had was NFC and a siri api.

Maybe you would, but I doubt it.

The problem Apple has with the "fanboy" crowd is that no matter WHAT they do, it will never be enough. No one that considers themselves a fanboy will ever be at a point where they aren't looking over the horizon at the next "latest and greatest" feature that will render their phone obsolete.

That's why they don't bother going ballistic with new features and "innovation". It doesn't effect sales. In fact it protects it. By adding features slowly, as they see fit, and not just putting everything they can into it, they ensure people will WANT to buy the next one a year later (or less).

If they didn't, people that aren't "fanboys" might very well see NO reason to upgrade. And if your number one source of revenue is selling phones, people not buying phones is a BAD thing.

They didn't put NFC in, even though they clearly could.

Did it hurt sales? They are a company first. For profit. I think a lot of people forget that when compiling "wish lists".

There will never be an iPhone that satisfies a true fanboy. Never. Otherwise they wouldn't be a fanboy. It's a paradox =).

mobiletech

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
- They won't change the size
- Liquid metal? Like in Terminator 2? Cool
- Home button will still be there
- 128 GB is a given
- Camera 10mp
- Wireless charging? Hmmm... ok.

It will have a built-in projector for screen viewing and keyboard.

Generally how it works is, apple makes business deals- then two years later show the product.

liquid metal is in reference to alloys that need to be set in shape when in liquid forms because of the strength in solid state. The benefits are strength and better detail since liquid will take form better then being lazer etched. Apple already has contracts with a liquid metal production company. The rumor is that ALL apple products will receive liquid metal uni-bodies.

home button is gone- apple has been looking to ditch it, since it is the number one cause for exchanges. Instead a touch sensor which might pick up fingerprints.

128GB.. doubtful the iphone will become wearable technology before it gets this big. Not to mention cloud services make huge sizes barely needed.

camera- 10mp for 5S. Most likely the 6 will have 12mp or a heavy sensor upgrade.. maybe night-vision.......

wireless charging- still no real benefit

Instead of 8 cores like droids, we will most likely see quad CPU and quad GPU on the same die.

Niteace

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Same as always.

Twice as fast at everything.

Most people kinda say this like its a bit of a crap feature.
Even friends etc don't really appreciate it.
But by far my favorite feature of my 4S is how much faster it is than previous iPhones.
Cant wait for even more speed... faster I SAY! FASTER!!

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
We don't want AMOLED screens. They are too contrasty and not color corrected. Every android phone I see, (SIII, Razor, etc) that has an AMOLED screen has a horrible green cast to it. I think they are awful! You can't correctly process photos, movies don't look good, and the colors are way off and over saturated. So leave the AMOLED screen out of the prediction. The size of the iPhone is just fine the way it is. If it gets bigger, you will just end up getting used to it and after a while it won't look big anymore and you'll find yourselves wanting bigger again. It's a never ending cycle. Sure it's funt to dream and pretend, but I think reality will win the battle. Apple is not about making large phones, just comfortable, functional ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.