Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rick2020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm just waiting to hit the order button on my 2005 macbook which is slowly dying. Streaming vids has been a pain the ass last few years. Not only that but working with Imovie and even light programs like Itunes and Office products have been hell.

As a not too rich student living in the Netherlands I decided to go with the better 21.5 Imac and the fusion drive.
I'm a student commercial economics but I have a passion for a little bit of video editing and programs such as photoshop and illustrator. So I think this one definitely fits my needs.

The question is:
Order right away, or wait till the first batch is shipped and order at the end of December or maybe even the beginning of January ?

Thanks everyone.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
Hey guys,

I'm just waiting to hit the order button on my 2005 macbook which is slowly dying. Streaming vids has been a pain the ass last few years. Not only that but working with Imovie and even light programs like Itunes and Office products have been hell.

As a not too rich student living in the Netherlands I decided to go with the better 21.5 Imac and the fusion drive.
I'm a student commercial economics but I have a passion for a little bit of video editing and programs such as photoshop and illustrator. So I think this one definitely fits my needs.

The question is:
Order right away, or wait till the first batch is shipped and order at the end of December or maybe even the beginning of January ?

Thanks everyone.

And what exactly are you going to gain by waiting? A little more context is needed...

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
No one can answer that but you! If you can afford the purchase now, and you've made up your mind, then go ahead and order. If you are worried about being out of town over the holiday (live at school and going home over a break) than wait until the estimated shipping fits your needs.

Rick2020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
And what exactly are you going to gain by waiting? A little more context is needed...

What I meant was: will the first shipping batch have problems like yellow screens etc. or will it not have such problems. The money is waiting to be spend. Thanks for your reply btw

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Do you also solicit anonymous internet strangers on whether you should go to the bathroom now or later?

sdo1982

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
North Vancouver
I'm waiting... I wasn't going to, but £1040 for the 768 option has really made me think again... As I see it, I can pay £3000+ for the spec i want from apple, or I can pay £2000 and void my warrenty fitting my own SSD, neither is ideal!
£3000+ and I am thinking I should a) Continue struggling using my old MacBook and works Win Vista machines or b) Pick up a refurb mini
Both would be stop gaps until we see the new Pro... But what if that is 12 months away? Can I wait that long?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.