Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Just purchased my iphone 5 unlocked version. I am switching from android because I hate it and I like apple and iphones.
On my old android, I noticed a few scratches on the screen, and I don't know where they came from. Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Just purchased my iphone 5 unlocked version. I am switching from android because I hate it and I like apple and iphones.
On my old android, I noticed a few scratches on the screen, and I don't know where they came from. Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?

Will you stress over small scratches on your screen? If so, get a screen protector...

I don't see any reason to NOT have one....spigen makes great ones that you can barely tell are on the phone.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Will you stress over small scratches on your screen? If so, get a screen protector...

I don't see any reason to NOT have one....spigen makes great ones that you can barely tell are on the phone.

Thank you. When screen protectors come off they don't damage the phone in any way, right?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?
Subjective matter just as it is with any other device. Screen protectors are a very common topic here. Try looking in the Accessories subforum. There are plenty of threads you can refer to for opinions if that's what you're after but it's really your call to make in the end.

Thank you. When screen protectors come off they don't damage the phone in any way, right?
Can't speak for every single screen protector out there but, in general, no.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Subjective matter just as it is with any other device. Screen protectors are a very common topic here. Try looking in the Accessories subforum. There are plenty of threads you can refer to for opinions if that's what you're after but it's really your call to make in the end.

Agreed. I don't use them as I am pretty careful on how I treat my phone.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Never had one on my 4, 4S or my 5. Really have tried to get one on perfect on every device but it nevers ends well so i've just gone without one.

I look after all my devices very well and none have had/got any scratches or have i ever smashed a screen.

tgif1386

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
screen protector

I used it on my daughter's 5. Now a day, teenagers not too careful with the high tech stuff. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.