Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XxWestinxX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Both Millennia and Altamonte Springs Apple Stores here in Florida got none in.

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
I was in the Manchester UK store earlier looking at other things, and saw someone having their new 21 inch being set up. It is very sleek. When I spoke with a staff member, he said they had received a some but not many.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
No iMac's at the Freehold New Jersey Apple Store. I got there at 10am.

The guy was super rude too. I asked if they had the new iMac yet. He gave me the dirtiest look and said "They don't tell us anything! You can order it online!". So I asked if he knew of any upcoming shipments, he repeated himself again. At that point I left.

I guess wearing that blue t shirt and making $9.75 an hour would piss me off too. Oh well, so I went and placed my order on my phone after that and went home! :D

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
Has anyone come across any 21.5 w/Fusion in a store?

Someone from Australia said that they had a few at a store in Sydney - not sure if that helps or not.

I gave up on hunting for them at the stores. Plus I really wanted the trackpad (and a shipping box when the day comes to sell it on eBay years and years from now).

Good luck!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
Interesting. I've come to expect this rudeness out of Menlo but not Freehold.

Yeah I was surprised too. Maybe I was like the 10th person to ask him that same question. His voice sounded like the guy I spoke to on the phone last night too. Maybe he was thinking "Oh great, not this @$$hole again" haha!

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
in stock in Phoenix AZ but going quick and surly staff

Called at 10:00 am. "No iMacs and don't know when they will be getting them"

Called back at 12:00 pm . "Receiving some in now"

Went to store at 12:30. " Don't have any and don't know when we are getting any". Told the apple girl I had just called and was told they were receiving them in. "I just got here, let me go check in the back"

She came back after about 10 minutes and asked which model I wanted". Told her the $1499 model. She again went in back and after about another 10 minutes an Apple guy this time came out with the iMac and didn't seem sure who was waiting for one.

After hailing him. He started to ring me up and launched in to the pitch for Applecare. Had to tell him no three times and he finally let me continue but came off annoyed as he finished up. NOT a pleasant experience. At that point three other people were asking for one as well.

I have it now though I wont have time to open it until this evening. Did notice a couple of things though. Box was much lighter than the other iMac we have and the box is not a straight rectangle but is wider at the bottom and tapers up. Minor I know :rolleyes:

applemike68

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Just bought one at the Woodlands Mall near Houston. I went around 10:00 am expecting them to be in place but to my suprise they had not received any yet. One salespeople said they were expecting them but not sure when, so I went after lunch and they had some but still not any on the tables. Oh well, at least I got one and now I can move on with the rest of my life. :p

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
One 21" available for petting at the AMac store in the city of 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
:apple: store near Atlanta (North Point Mall) was setting a couple up for people. None on display. Guy configuring one said they had a few more in back, with a tone indicating they'd sell soon. I'd just wanted to gauge how fast they'd sell out when the 27" came in.

Slick new design. Like it.
Anyone complaining "bah, they're too focused on 'thin'" isn't noting that the width & height of the guts of the machine have shrunk considerably, but there's still some depth that's hard to reduce. :apple: just compacted the core components, and elegantly tapered the back to match the screen which can't be shrunk any smaller (hey, 27" is 27"). Liked what I saw.

chilly willy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Any thoughts on when the 27" will make it into stores? At the 2-3 week window when those ordered early this am are supposed to ship?

I have been struggling with deciding to pull the trigger, but really want to see one in person.....

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Yeah I was surprised too. Maybe I was like the 10th person to ask him that same question. His voice sounded like the guy I spoke to on the phone last night too. Maybe he was thinking "Oh great, not this @$$hole again" haha!

Have to say, I was in the Georgetown, Washington DC store a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see the contrast in behaviour to what I have encountered elsewhere. Very salesie and quite rude. Especially as I was asking about Mac Mini with fusion drive which is BTO but they wanted to push me towards one off the shelf...

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
Have to say, I was in the Georgetown, Washington DC store a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see the contrast in behaviour to what I have encountered elsewhere. Very salesie and quite rude. Especially as I was asking about Mac Mini with fusion drive which is BTO but they wanted to push me towards one off the shelf...

Yes. Same story with the stores in New Jersey. They just want to sell all the add ons and whatever they can to increase their store's profits. The managers need their bonus!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.