Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I'm hoping the image below will help somebody aid me in troubleshooting. iTunes isn't even sure what version it is on my computer (see image below). Does this mean anything to anybody?

I've re-downloaded several times.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 7.03.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 7.03.07 AM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,046

JoeRito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New England, USA
Love the new iTunes, what a great refresh. "Up next" lets you select songs to play on the fly and in context album viewing (clicking on an album) brings up all songs in the album with the option to search itunes online for similar. I love it! Still bloated, but the industry standard by a mile.

iPod syncing is much faster and smoother too!

paulthefencer

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
crashes

I have the same problem as everyone else. I just downloaded it this morning (Friday). I can get iTunes to load up. I can even play music from my library. But every time I try to connect to the iTunes store it stops working and shuts down. I'm noticing everyone posting comments on this thread are using Macs of some kind. I just have a basic Dell PC. So it's not just an issue with Macs. I noticed someone had mentioned that if you highlight the iTunes icon and hit command I, you can switch off 32 bit. Problem is on a PC I don't have a command button. At least not that I'm aware of. I'm not as computer literate as all of you people. Anyone have any suggestions for this problem on a PC? Or do I just have to wait till Apple finally addresses the issue. It would be really nice if they owned up to it immediately and said they were working on a fix as opposed to just leaving us all out here swinging in the wind.:mad:

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Woohoo! Finally. I had to repair the disk from Start-up utility and then reinstall iTunes.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
Im having trouble with my itunes11. It seems that after playing a couple of songs under shuffle mode, the whole thing freezes and I had to restart the whole program again.

I have successfully matched all my songs using itunes match and my library seems fine. But this freezing-after-couple-of-songs is getting annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
iTunes 10 never crashed on me once, and iTunes 11 hasn't crashed on me yet. It's extremely fast and buttery smooth. I'm running a 2009 MBP too.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Im having trouble with my itunes11. It seems that after playing a couple of songs under shuffle mode, the whole thing freezes and I had to restart the whole program again.

I have successfully matched all my songs using itunes match and my library seems fine. But this freezing-after-couple-of-songs is getting annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

No crashes on me in shuffling. After the install debacle, I think I'm expecting snafus at this point.

norwaypianoman

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Norway
10.7 froze constantly thursday for the first day. I thought it had to do with changing of itunes servers/services or urls that itunes must use in the background.

11 is freezing constantly. I tried to reload.

It is annoying. But I do not bother to be angry. Have to wait though.

Got iMac 2011.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
No crashes on me in shuffling. After the install debacle, I think I'm expecting snafus at this point.

i finally realised that if i turned on itunes match and shuffle my songs, then it freezes after a couple of songs, and I had to restart the entire program again.

fritalian

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Just installed itunes 11.0 and it constantly freezes showing the crazy beach ball forever. I'm getting pc deja vu. This is not a stable Mac product. Being a new release is not an excuse, Apple's reputation is founded on stability and bug-free user friendly software. Missed the target on this version.

hungryfish

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Itunes 11 taking f o r e v e r to sync

I have Windows 7 running McAfee firewall. I just installed Itunes 11 and it is taking forever to sync....literally not figuratively. It's been syncing all day and it's on song 111 of 20,979 with an Ipod Classic.:mad:

norwaypianoman

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Norway
I went around this problem by going to iTunes preferences and disabling all automatic downloads. Also from iTunes store.

After that I stopped subscribing iTunes U one by one.

Then I stopped subscribing all podcasts one by one.

Did not take too much time.

Now I have no more crashes, and I will try to enable things one by one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.