Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Just tested out Air Video. Works awesomely. Just download the free server software and it sets up everything fairly automatically. You just have to point toward the folders your media is located in. I downloaded the iPhone/iPad app ($2.99) and it worked quite swell.

Not sure what you mean by updating the marker. Is that like, you start a movie on your computer, pause it, then want to continue from where you left off on your iPhone? Not sure if it does that, but don't think so.

Anywho, give it a look, you might like it.

I can get that with Plex already, so yeah, not too impressed.

I'm talking play counts here and yes, if possible the marker for the play position, but that'd be bonus only.

Play counts are crucial.
Absolute deal breaker for me here.

Glassed Silver:mac

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Upgrading to Mountain Lion will not affect your Windows partition. However, you will be unable to reinstall Windows XP through Boot Camp Assistant in the future.

Looks like ML's a no-go on my iMac, then. I've invested upwards of $700.00 in Cakewalk SONAR alone, not including softsynth plugins; I'm not about to risk losing the ability to use it on my main music workstation should I have an OS failure.

Does upgrading to Lion have the same limitation? If iTunes progresses to the point where Lion is a minimum requirement, I guess I'll move my Library over to my MBP; I don't have Bootcamp on it, and I should be able to upgrade that without a hitch.

Seems you want to have your cake and eat it too. You refuse to upgrade your OS but want the benefits that come with it (namely, forward compatibility)

Whaddaya know? Looks like I get to have both for just a little longer; 11 has appeared in my Software Update, so SL users haven't been left behind just yet. Time will tell, though... on verra bien...

Why the hell would anyone want to upgrade from a good computer OS like SL to an iosx gimmick like lion or mountain lion.
People will remember Snow Leopard and Windows 7 as the last real computer operating systems before microsoft and apple decided to trash their products to cater to the gadget crowd.

I don't know so much that Lion/ML are "iOS gimmicks", but yes, I am rather comfortable with SL as it is.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Whaddaya know? Looks like I get to have both for just a little longer; 11 has appeared in my Software Update, so SL users haven't been left behind just yet. Time will tell, though... on verra bien...
Me too and a whopping 198 MB update too.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Thats a separate issue with WebKit and ultimately irrelevant. The topic at hand is iTunes.

Actually iTunes, at least before v11, iTunes uses WebKit to display the iTunes Store, or at least I read that many times.

From my reading which may be totally wrong, iTunes 10.x and before, was a mishmash of a dedicated database app and web browser. From my understanding is that iTunes uses a MySQLlite database for organizing local files and WebKit for the online store.

If you know otherwise, I'll recant.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
Snow Leopard was garbage, but decent for its time...I guess. Using it today is like people still clinging to Windows XP/Vista.
If Lion/ML never came out, there's no way I'd have bought a Mac, I can't fathom the idea of using Snow Leopard on a daily basis.

I guess if you use computers to play on facebook or twitter, then lion, ml or windows 8 would be right up your alley.
If you actually want to do some work, then snow leopard or windows 7 is still your best bet.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I guess if you use computers to play on facebook or twitter, then lion, ml or windows 8 would be right up your alley.
If you actually want to do some work, then snow leopard or windows 7 is still your best bet.

Other way around, bro. Need to do actual work, upgrade yo steez. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.