Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaeC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Hi,

I'm new here, and have a question about transferring recordings from PC to iPhone.

My husband has several recordings he has made, with Audacity, I think. He can't figure out how to get those particular files onto his iPhone. I'm not sure if they show up in iTunes or not, but he's synced his phone to the PC several times with no success on that front.

He's really frustrated and thinking about giving up the iPhone and going with a Galaxy. :eek:

Anybody have a clue how to help?

Thanks,
Karen

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Hi,

I'm new here, and have a question about transferring recordings from PC to iPhone.

My husband has several recordings he has made, with Audacity, I think. He can't figure out how to get those particular files onto his iPhone. I'm not sure if they show up in iTunes or not, but he's synced his phone to the PC several times with no success on that front.

He's really frustrated and thinking about giving up the iPhone and going with a Galaxy. :eek:

Thanks,
Karen

I'm guessing here, but it seems like they're probably not in a file format the phone or iTunes can use. Verify that the files can be used in iTunes and try manually adding them to the phone. If not, it should be easy to get an audio convertor to makes them into MP3s.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

Thanks,
Karen

The Audacity file must be exported to iTunes. Music can only be transferred from a computer to an iPhone via iTunes, so if it's not in his library it won't sync to his phone.

A simple Google search ("audacity to itunes") brought up this page. http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Exporting_to_iTunes_and_iPod

So, from what I can gather:

1) Select the recording in Audacity
2) Select File --> Export (and export as an MP3) to his desktop, documents, wherever
3) Either drag from files new location to iTunes library or in iTunes go to File ---> Import and select the file.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.