Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PockieLoli :3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Is there a way to?

I know the PC version of GoogleChrome has an export tool but I can't seem to find one on the Mac beta version. :[

sh0vel

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
The quickest way may be to get another browser import the bookmarks from chrome and export the bookmarks from that new browser. You can also sync the bookmarks to your gmail account and export from there.

macronecole

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
San Francisco, CA
hello there. came across this post while trying to figure out how to "save" my Chrome bookmarks on my Mac so I can re-install the OS and have them handy again. I do have my Gmail acct. synced, and in Google Docs there is a folder on the side bar that says my bookmarks with all the subfolders I've created, but when I click on the folders, it says there are no contents.... any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Look at Xmarks. It's a browser plugin that works on PC/Mac, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc and will sync bookmarks across all your browsers. I use to to sync bookmarks on 4 computers and something like 6 brower instances across those machines.

keaide

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
You can just export the Google Chrome bookmarks and then choose "File --> Import Bookmarks" from Safari. It will import all the bookmarks in a new folder, maintaining the original hierarchy.

mmduluth

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
Look at Xmarks. It's a browser plugin that works on PC/Mac, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc and will sync bookmarks across all your browsers. I use to to sync bookmarks on 4 computers and something like 6 brower instances across those machines.

+1 for this.

I switch between Chrome and Safari a lot and xmarks keeps my bookmarks synced in the background and I never have to think about them again because they are always the same in both browsers.

erz001

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Thanks

XMARKS is brilliant thanks. it works across most platforms and browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.