Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubyrussia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Moscow
Iphone 5 can now be purchased full price without a contract now. I was wondering if anyone knows / thinks that Amazon will sell the Iphone 5 directly (not through some third party company).

Does anyone know if older Iphone models have ever been sold direct through Amazon?

For those of those curious why I'd rather buy through Amazon, Amazon takes international credit cards and delivers to the USA which is what I would like to do. :D

Last edited:

anutharoundu

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2011
As far as I know amazon mainly only sells kindles and it's movie store directly. They do however demand lower prices from any 3rd party that sells through them.

54.gif

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
The closest thing to Amazon selling the iPhone directly will be the Amazon Warehouse - I think it will be awhile before they sell the iPhone 5.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Apple.com has them now. Why the hassle to save maybe $25 buck?

Apple, u got a problem, u walk into a store to be taken care of.

SWPROX

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
The key to making purchase with an international credit card is just give a local (US) billing address :cool:.I do it all the time (with Canadian store),no problems.

JacksonHuston

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Well, as far as I know, Amazon doesn't sell things directly itself. I think it is a third party maketing website.

rubyrussia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Moscow
I tried my international credit card. They wouldn't take it despite providing a billing address in the USA. Oh well... ;)

Maybe America just loves Canada more than Russia? :)

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I tried my international credit card. They wouldn't take it despite providing a billing address in the USA. Oh well... ;)

Maybe America just loves Canada more than Russia? :)

well yeah... we can hop the boarder and get cheap meds, and good weed. Plus those red hot dogs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.