Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I've bought the basic 21.5" model. I was supossed to receive it the 11-Dec but I've just saw the order-web and the date has changed to 5 Dec! :)

Are you in a similar situation???

PD: I'm from Spain

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
To be honest I'll be happy if it turns up before the holidays. It will give me sometime to get it set up and used to it.

I've never used Mac so I will need time to get use and to install the programs I need :eek: This week could be interesting jaja

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Be honest how many times have you checked your order progress so far? Nothing has changed for me but that doesn't stop me looking 5 times a day!

Have you the "sent status" activated? Or it's still on "preparing to send"?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I've bought the basic 21.5" model. I was supossed to receive it the 11-Dec but I've just saw the order-web and the date has changed to 5 Dec! :)

Are you in a similar situation???

PD: I'm from Spain

Lucky, I ordered a maxed out 21.5", in the UK.

Still says December 13th to December 18th.

What's weird though, it says "Estimated 7 to 10 days", but the 13th is longer than 7 to 10 days. I really hope it comes in 7 days...or less.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Have you the "sent status" activated? Or it's still on "preparing to send"?

Preparing to send. The joy of BTO!

----------

What's weird though, it says "Estimated 7 to 10 days", but the 13th is longer than 7 to 10 days. I really hope it comes in 7 days...or less.

Saturdays and Sundays don't count. It's business days.

MightyWhite

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
Oxford UK

My bto 27 said 2-3 weeks and that means before the 21st yet the date is 21-02nd. I thought that was strange too.... Unless the 2-3 weeks is for dispatch and the dates include shipping maybe...

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
My bto 27 said 2-3 weeks and that means before the 21st yet the date is 21-02nd. I thought that was strange too.... Unless the 2-3 weeks is for dispatch and the dates include shipping maybe...

Oh yeah, you're right. It will be dispatched in 7 to 10 days (Or 2 to 3 weeks for you) and arrive 13 Dec. to 18th Dec. (Or 21st to 2nd for you).

If you put your mouse over the blue arrow next to "Processed Items" it tells you what they mean and the current state is highlighted blue.

Well...that kinda sucks :(

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
Be honest how many times have you checked your order progress so far? Nothing has changed for me but that doesn't stop me looking 5 times a day!

Six or seven! :D I'm planning on calling and see if I can change to expedited shipping, as I didn't notice I could select that while ordering at 2AM.

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
Called in, got my shipping changed, now shows 21-28th. I assume they are going to charge me the extra shipping, which is fine if I can hope to get it on the 21st. Others have mentioned luck getting it added for free.

Going to be busy with Christmas plans from the 22nd to the 27th, so I don't really want FedEx leaving it on my doorstep while I'm not home. I know it says signature required, but my FedEx guy left my iPad on the step even though I left a note asking that he specifically try delivering it to the neighbor across the street. Keeping my fingers crossed!

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
I've just ordered a 27" version with delivery date of 31st- 7th, hope I get it before Xmas though :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.