Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightless

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
I can't seem to minimize the iTunes window when double clicking the top bar like in any other window. did they forget that function? :confused:

boldac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Hi,

I would be very interested in knowing how to decrease the size of the album art thumbnails like we did with the slider in iTunes 10.

Thank You

Thus far it does not seem possible which is odd because you can change it in Artist view.

DJRumpy

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Hi,

I would be very interested in knowing how to decrease the size of the album art thumbnails like we did with the slider in iTunes 10.

Thank You

You can only change it in Artists, Genres, and Playlist, and only using the Artlist List view. Just use Command J in those views to see the view options and tile size slider.

mcstain

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Would really love to be able to increase the size of album art in Albums view. I'm on a 50" TV and the albums look tiny. Used to have this setting maxed out in iTunes 10, and would have liked to have them even bigger.

Also, the dark background is no longer present. Was good to have a dark background to minimise noise from the TV associated with brighter colours on screen.

I have submitted feedback to Apple regarding these two issues, I suggest you all do the same for the issues you have posted in this thread.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Anyone having an issue with album art not loading for a ton of files? The artwork is embedded in the info option but it only loads in the grid if you cut and repaste the artwork. This is happening to hundreds of albums, so doing that for all is not a feasible option.

Gilj

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
1. "Alt + Next = Next album" is missing.
2. I haven't find out how to remove multiple songs from the "Up Next" list.
Anyway to do either of these?

Thanks, Gil.

WouterV

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Hi,

Can somebody tell me where to find the 'show duplicates' option, I tend to use this a lot and I'm unable to find it.

Thanks in advance

sandylp

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Audiobooks

Since there's no Advanced tab in iTunes 11, I can't figure out how to join audiobook tracks into one. I am trying to add an audiobook to iTunes so I can transfer it to my iPod. For instance, each Disc has 10 different tracks. I used to be able to click on the Advanced tab and then click Join and the tracks would be combined into one. I don't see any option for doing that now.

WishIWasHere

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Anyone else having the issue of apps not syncing off of their iDevices?

Yep, downloaded an app on my 4S last night and it wouldn't sync to iTunes on the computer. I had to go into iTunes and select File/Devices/Transfer Purchases, despite the fact I've got "Automatically sync new apps" turned on. Hope this gets fixed soon, kind of a pain.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Yep, downloaded an app on my 4S last night and it wouldn't sync to iTunes on the computer. I had to go into iTunes and select File/Devices/Transfer Purchases, despite the fact I've got "Automatically sync new apps" turned on. Hope this gets fixed soon, kind of a pain.

Thank you for answering, and glad to hear you found a workaround. I thought I was going mad.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2003
[/COLOR]
In Artist view go to View -> View Options.

That changes the size of the album in the 'main' window. How about the artist list? I'd like to remove them all together and just have a text llist of bands.

Last edited:

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
[/COLOR]

That changes the size of the album in the 'main' window. How about the artist list? I'd like to remove them all together and just have a text llist of bands.

That changes the size of the art in the Artist view. What do you mean 'main window'? I don't see a way to resize the art in other views like Album view.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2003
That changes the size of the art in the Artist view. What do you mean 'main window'? I don't see a way to resize the art in other views like Album view.

I was talking about the thumbnail art attached to the band names located in the list on the right (in artist mode). I'd like to remove them all together so it's just a text list. Fit more bands on the screen at once.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I have a really dumb question. I can't find how to turn off Next Up, is there a way and I just not seeing it? Every time I double click on a song Next up automatically adds the entire album. I know in iTunes 10 if you did that it automatically went to the next song in the list, but there were ways to get around this so it only played that one song. :(

Hugh

mcstain

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
I have a really dumb question. I can't find how to turn off Next Up, is there a way and I just not seeing it? Every time I double click on a song Next up automatically adds the entire album. I know in iTunes 10 if you did that it automatically went to the next song in the list, but there were ways to get around this so it only played that one song. :(

Hugh

Right click on song -> 'Play next'

or click the arrow next to the song -> 'Play next'

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
Putting this here in case I'm the only one for whom this wasn't obvious.

Itunes new "instant" search function is great, except for the fact that it (apparently) does not search track artists (only album artist). Try it yourself on a compilation album or soundtrack. While typing in an individual track's artist name you will get a discouraging "No Results" in the instant search drop-down. This is confusing because it makes you think it doesn't exist in your library.

However, if you hit Enter that will perform a more thorough search and put the results in the main iTunes window, which does include searching the track's artist field.

Like I said maybe I'm the only one who found that confusing. I'm sure Apple did it as a trade-off so the instant results were more instant--especially on older systems and larger libraries. But still, I think rather than "No Results" they should add text instructing the user to hit Enter to perform a more thorough search, because the pop-up window as you're typing gives the impression that those are the full search results.

Otherwise, I'm liking it!

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Right click on song -> 'Play next'

or click the arrow next to the song -> 'Play next'

I don't think you got my question. I want to turn Next Up off, I don't want it at all. Other then that I understand how it works, just want to turn it off. :/

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.