Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oli.watts

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
UK
Just about sums it up really.

Sometimes I think that Apple has gone to the dogs. The whole point of going to the trouble of pre-ordering is to get your rightful place in the queue, not to be sent to the back of it! :(

I don't think that's particularly fair. As I said before, 5 major product announcements in a quarter, each of which shipping millions of units is a major undertaking.

The problem here is their communication with customers. They should have acknowledged that the (say) first 100,000 people who'd pre-ordered were the most ardent of fans, and should have been treated as priorities to fulfil.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I don't think that's particularly fair. As I said before, 5 major product announcements in a quarter, each of which shipping millions of units is a major undertaking.

The problem here is their communication with customers. They should have acknowledged that the (say) first 100,000 people who'd pre-ordered were the most ardent of fans, and should have been treated as priorities to fulfil.

Forgive me but the fact that they chose 5 major product launches in a quarter is their problem not mine. If they can't manage it in the way that we have come to expect of this company then they shouldn't attempt it. A good reputation is hard to acquire, but very easy to lose.

Furthermore, communication would not have helped. Apple should have respected those who went to the trouble of pre-ordering by DELIVERING to them first or at the very least at the same time as the product is freely available in the shops, rather than leaving them waiting whilst stocking the shelves of third party vendors and their own stores.

With respect, what is the point of a pre-order if you have to wait LONGER than anyone else? It is a farce!

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Mine has changed saying it will be delivered on or before the 7th. Trouble is TNT don't actually recognise the number on their site or even 3rd party apps yet :confused:

Think I may just buy one tomorrow if they have any in stock still

have you tried pressing the link for "international deliveries" from the tnt track n trace page? that one worked for me.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
With respect, what is the point of a pre-order if you have to wait LONGER than anyone else? It is a farce!

Because it guarantees you get one.

You're going to own this product for at least a year, is waiting 1 week at the start really that much of a hardship?

----------

Plenty of 64gb cellular ones at Apple stores

Which stores? I called the London ones and they were all out of whites.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007

You're going to own this product for at least a year, is waiting 1 week at the start really that much of a hardship?

That's just silly. Of course waiting an extra week is not a hardship, but it is irritating.

I ask you again, what is the point of pre-ordering if it means that you wait longer. It makes a nonsense of the whole process.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
That's just silly. Of course waiting an extra week is not a hardship, but it is irritating.

I ask you again, what is the point of pre-ordering if it means that you wait longer. It makes a nonsense of the whole process.

It is a complete farce, I preordered on the day, found out yesterday that mine had only just been picked for shipment, and the apple store in reading had it in stock. Drove over picked it up and have it now... Phoned apple and canceled the online preorder..

32gb LTE black mini

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
It is a complete farce, I preordered on the day, found out yesterday that mine had only just been picked for shipment, and the apple store in reading had it in stock. Drove over picked it up and have it now... Phoned apple and canceled the online preorder..

32gb LTE black mini

Congratulations on your new iPad Mini!

As it happens I am going to wait for mine to be delivered next Wednesday, but if I wasn't so busy I'd do the same as you.

Apple have created a mess for themselves and will have to pay the cost of all these returns from rightly disgruntled buyers who have sourced their product locally.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Congratulations on your new iPad Mini!

As it happens I am going to wait for mine to be delivered next Wednesday, but if I wasn't so busy I'd do the same as you.

Apple have created a mess for themselves and will have to pay the cost of all these returns from rightly disgruntled buyers who have sourced their product locally.

I'm out of the country next week, if they delivered when they said, Tuesday then it would have arrived in time, however after they started to ship it the delivery date changed to after I was away so this was really my only option.

This is the first time when preorders have not been first to receive the item. I've done this a few times now.

U8ER-N3RD

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Suffolk, UK
have you tried pressing the link for "international deliveries" from the tnt track n trace page? that one worked for me.

Still nothing. I had this with the iPhone 5 and it was just a delay with TNT adding it to their database. So they have until tomorrow before I got out shopping :)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007

Yep. It's not about having to wait another week, its the annoyance of going to the trouble of preordering then essentially getting a worse experience as a result.

My preorder is looking like Dec 10th, I'd be pretty peeved had I not bought from a store yesterday. Don't confuse peeved with immature spitting of dummies, blowing the situation out of all proportion, so common on the net amongst people who have inflated self entitlement issues. Being annoyed is totally understandable and completely human though.

paulkerdot

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I pre ordered an ipad mini 32gb lte in white and its expected to deliver on Friday the 7th. When I found out the Apple stores had some stock yesterday I went and bought one but they only had the black one available. I bought it anyway. I prefer the white with the exception of the white antenna band.The black antenna band looks a lot better on the black ipad. Oh decisions on which one to keep. :eek:

dmercer

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012

----------

Which stores? I called the London ones and they were all out of whites.

No stores have received any white ones as far as I know.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
No stores have received any white ones as far as I know.

Yeah have just wandered around Kingston but no joy. I don't mind waiting for my preorder but now I've decided I want a 64GB model I need to go hunting with everyone else now!

caz12345

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Scotland
Just home from Braehead Glasgow bought a white 64gb lte I have a 32gb wifi version but love it so much I need more memory and have had it out the house everyday so need cellular tethering ok but better with the built in option. 32gb wifi white going on gumtree as I cant justify keeping both :)

U8ER-N3RD

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Suffolk, UK
Ok this is looking promising. Just headed over for my daily checkup and the date has not only been moved up a day (now the 6th) but also have a different tracking number. This one actually shows signs of life and in transit.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I ordered mine as a Christmas gift two days ago, on November 28th, and it just shipped and will be with me no later than the 7th of December!

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
I ordered mine as a Christmas gift two days ago, on November 28th, and it just shipped and will be with me no later than the 7th of December!

That's very good indeed. It means you get it just 2 days after I get mine which was pre-ordered at 8:04 on the 26th of October (5 weeks and a day ago)!

Who said that the pre-orders on the iPad Mini weren't an absolute farce? :D

paulkerdot

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Just home from Braehead Glasgow bought a white 64gb lte I have a 32gb wifi version but love it so much I need more memory and have had it out the house everyday so need cellular tethering ok but better with the built in option. 32gb wifi white going on gumtree as I cant justify keeping both :)

I wanted a white 32gb lte mini but brae head had none only black. Oh well

motin

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Dear all

Just spoke to a friend of mine he gave me a link to international tracking and them we saw that they are shipped from china shanghai

In transit so I guess will have it by Thursday 6th.

Which for me is not so bad as it also my birthday.

Thanks

Here is the link for you all

http://www.tnt.com/webtracker/tracker.do?navigation=1&respLang=en&respCountry=au

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Am at Westfield Stratford in east London.

First went to John Lewis to take advantage of their two year warranty but they just smiled when I asked about availability.

PC World also dry.

I saw the Apple store its logo shining out like a lighthouse to some lost sailor.

Ten minutes later walked out with a black cellular 64gb and a black 32gb wifi as a present.

Felt self conscious carrying the Apple bags out of the store, as groups of the local scum were looking to snatch and grab back to their hoods.

Popped into Primark and got one of their bags.

Result.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Am at Westfield Stratford in east London.

First went to John Lewis to take advantage of their two year warranty but they just smiled when I asked about availability.

PC World also dry.

I saw the Apple store its logo shining out like a lighthouse to some lost sailor.

Ten minutes later walked out with a black cellular 64gb and a black 32gb wifi as a present.

Felt self conscious carrying the Apple bags out of the store, as groups of the local scum were looking to snatch and grab back to their hoods.

Popped into Primark and got one of their bags.

Result.

Well done. I'm after a white 64GB cellular - do you know which stores get shipments on a Sunday?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.