Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for providing those pics - it certainly does look like a nice pouch. Just a quick question on this, however: does the pouch have any perforations at the bottom, for the speaker and mic of the phone? Also do you find it easy to pull the phone out to answer a call?

No perforation at the bottom but that is not necessary for the iPhone 5 IMH. I always insert the phone top first, so the speaker faces the opening, that way I can hear if it rings, and I can plug in my head set for listening to music. Apple moving the head set jack to the bottom make a lot of sense in this case.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I sent a question today to Atelier Pall about a custom pouch I was thinking about. The person who wrote me back, immediately, named Ovidiu, was super responsive. It blew me away how flexible and open to change he was. I asked about a duo pouch with a different leather than he shows on his page and a different color stitching and different buttons. Without hesitation he said he could do what I wanted. Totally unique and custom and since I one time purchased something else from him, he didn't want any more than the listed price. You can't get that kind of service from anywhere else.

Bechmann

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
Denmark
I sent a question today to Atelier Pall about a custom pouch I was thinking about. The person who wrote me back, immediately, named Ovidiu, was super responsive. It blew me away how flexible and open to change he was. I asked about a duo pouch with a different leather than he shows on his page and a different color stitching and different buttons. Without hesitation he said he could do what I wanted. Totally unique and custom and since I one time purchased something else from him, he didn't want any more than the listed price. You can't get that kind of service from anywhere else.

I second that! Very responsive and helpful seller!

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Now that I have had my Atelier Pall wallet for 2 weeks, what do I think of it?

I love it. It is compact yet function extremely well as a wallet for me. I love the fact that it works as a pouch so it provides complete protection for the phone, that I can remove the phone easily when it rings. When I take public transportation I often listen to music and with the head set plugged in the phone can be in the wallet protected. The fact that I can carry 3+ cards and quite a number of bills and the wallet remain slim is really nice. When I ordered it I wasn't sure if it would be practical for me as I don't like thick wallets.

The wallet looks fantastic. I have to say this is the nicest leather thing I ever owned, and I am picky. Both the design and craftsmanship are amazing: simple, elegant, timeless.

I am glad that shop like this is accessible to us on the Internet. The person I contacted, Ovidiu, was extremely responsive and nice. It's like walking down the village and talk to your local leather smith. Amazing hand made item at very reasonable price.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Spigen Illuzion leather wallet, indigo and lemon. Excellent quality, fit and protection. It is easy to remove the phone when I don't want want to use speaker phone.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I have used the Hex Solo case for 3 days....I love this case. When I go to dinner or shopping I can take my credit card, id and cash. Love the look and feel of the leather. I am hoping they will release the croc imprint verison for the iPhone 5.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I have used the Hex Solo case for 3 days....I love this case. When I go to dinner or shopping I can take my credit card, id and cash. Love the look and feel of the leather. I am hoping they will release the croc imprint verison for the iPhone 5.

It does look like a nice leather case. I used to have a SPG leather case like that w/o card and cash slot for my iPhone 4 and used it until I upgraded to the iPhone 5.

Instead I got a Speck SmartFlex card for my iPhone 5. I used it for about 2 weeks then decided that I didn't like it for 2 reasons:

1. The case make the phone much thicker, about the size of the iPhone 4 with a leather case, and the feeling of the cards sticking out rubbing against my hand when I am at home using the phone is not nice. I found myself taking off the case when I am not out and about. The phone without the case felt much nicer. I started wondering why I put up with a case that make the phone a lot bulkier and uncomfortable to hold (back not smooth) while I am at home. But then I don't like the idea of putting the case on and taking it off depending I am going out or getting home.

2. While the Speck SmartFlex card can accomodate my minimum requirement of 3 cards (driver licence, credit card, mass transit pass), it can't accomodate cash. I tried living without cash for a week and failed. So in reality to fully function as a wallet, the case needs to accomodate at least 3 cards and some cash easily. I find folding a couple of bills carefully to stuff into a tight card slot not very convenient.

After trying the Speck SmartFlex I knew that I don't want a case with cards sticking out, or a thick case. That lesson did cost me $35 (I kept the Speck SmartFlex past the return period). Luckily for me my next choice worked out when I bought the Atelier Pall.

For me these wallet cases are very personal: what is right for one may not be for others. I am just writing my experience in search for a wallet case so that if your needs are similar to my, you may save yourself some time and money.

Another interesting observation about protection: I go back and forth about the need for a case all the time. I love the iPhone 5 naked, but used the minimal Ringke Slim shell on it for a few weeks and found it to be slightly more comfortable than a naked iPhone. I took off the Ringke Slim when the Atelier Pall wallet arrived as it won't fit (I could try stretching the leather but...). What I now realize is that the iPhone inside the Atelier Pall is extremely well protected from all sides. When use mass transit I can plug my headset into the iPhone which is in the wallet and listen to the music and toss the wallet around without a worry. The Ringke Slim or most other cases would only protect the phone if I don't drop it face down. On the other hand if I drop the phone while taking it out of the wallet or using it naked, then there is no protection at all. So there is the trade off. But then the iPhone 5 is such a beautiful design and comfortable to use naked, it's a shame to cover it up.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I just received this one from Etsy seller giordanoart. It was fairly expensive, but the leather is fantastic and it fits my phone with the ringke slim case on it. It has two slots on one side and one slot on the other side.

Attachments

• case 2.jpg
    case 2.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 237
  • case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 231

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
MUJJO leather sleeve

Just got my MUJJO leather sleeve. The initial impression is that the color is lighter than I was hoping/expecting and the fit is also a little tight. I am having issues taking the phone out. Hope it loosens up a little or this whole idea of using a sleeve is not going to work... They also included a fisheye lens with the shipment which was a nice little surprise.

Attachments

• MUJJO 001.jpg
    MUJJO 001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 201
  • MUJJO 002.jpg
    MUJJO 002.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 155

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Just got my MUJJO leather sleeve. The initial impression is that the color is lighter than I was hoping/expecting and the fit is also a little tight. I am having issues taking the phone out. Hope it loosens up a little or this whole idea of using a sleeve is not going to work... They also included a fisheye lens with the shipment which was a nice little surprise.

Try this to make it fit better. The reason it's tight is probably because the sleeve tapered at the end. So with the phone in the sleeve, squeeze the sides and the top to give the sides some width and that will make the case conform to the phone better. It worked for me with my wallet phone sleeve.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I just couldn't resist this:

il_fullxfull.313681767.jpg
I just couldn't resist this:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/96356654

It is expensive but i have a birthday coming up in a couple days, decided to get myself a gift lol

Maybe I missed any follow ups on this. Did you get this wallet? If yes, can you push credit cards in so that they are completely covered in pocket? Also, when you pull your iPhone out from wallet, are there tiny fibers from the leather on the screen?

Thnx for any comments on this wallet.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Elishacoy

So I finally saw a video on The HiShop's Elishacoy wallet case.
It's a bit ehh for me now..

from watching this video, it looked pretty good, but the pockets for the cards are a bit useless to call it a wallet case since it doesn't have a see-through slot for your ID. Also the camera cutout looks too small with flashback washout. :/

Skip around to :50 to see it. (it's a two part review)

What do you guys think? Worth getting for $35?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Maybe I missed any follow ups on this. Did you get this wallet? If yes, can you push credit cards in so that they are completely covered in pocket? Also, when you pull your iPhone out from wallet, are there tiny fibers from the leather on the screen?

Thnx for any comments on this wallet.

Surely if you had your iPhone in a wallet/pouch like this, and the wallet was closed, when the phone rings - by the time you actually pop open the buttons on the wallet, open it and pull out the phone, you would have missed the call?!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi!

Haven't been following this thread recently, but was wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I got a Spigen Crumena when they first went on sale as it was the one pouch that looked clean and simple, yet had good 'features' per se such as the magnetic latch and pull strip to get the phone out.

It's been a couple of months now though, and I was wondering if any better pouches or sleeves have come out? It's nearly Christmas, so was thinking I could get another case either for myself or from someone else. :p

I won't bother if there aren't any better ones though!
Thanks.

Bear87

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I have to repeat myself, again. :) If you want absolutely minimal bulk, i highly suggest you to get the Thin Series.

Ordered the thin series in 'Tomy blue'

Nice color and also special because you don't see a lot of dark blue leather sleeves! The red lining is a nice touch too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

----------

Hi!

Haven't been following this thread recently, but was wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I got a Spigen Crumena when they first went on sale as it was the one pouch that looked clean and simple, yet had good 'features' per se such as the magnetic latch and pull strip to get the phone out.

It's been a couple of months now though, and I was wondering if any better pouches or sleeves have come out? It's nearly Christmas, so was thinking I could get another case either for myself or from someone else. :p

I won't bother if there aren't any better ones though!
Thanks.

Well what is better? Of course there are some really nice ones you should check out. As stated above, I've ordered an icase (icaseleather.com) because they have really nices color options available. Also you should check out Pall Atelier, don't have this one myself but they certainly look nice.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Glad, you decided to pull the plug on the Thin Series, you'll be amazed by the quality. My friend ordered the same in black colour, and the quality was great, just like mine. Very very nice leather, really slim and snug fit.

Ordered the thin series in 'Tomy blue'

Nice color and also special because you don't see a lot of dark blue leather sleeves! The red lining is a nice touch too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

----------

Well what is better? Of course there are some really nice ones you should check out. As stated above, I've ordered an icase (icaseleather.com) because they have really nices color options available. Also you should check out Pall Atelier, don't have this one myself but they certainly look nice.

DeeEss

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2011
Oh man, The Calypso Case is exceptional beyond words. I went with the Black "Zurich Night" Ring Case. It's the nicest one I've ever owned. Thoroughly recommended and it means you get to hold the device naked as intended.

The case is actually as nice as the phone its self.

http://www.calypsocrystal.com/calypsocase/silver

Last edited:

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Another diehard Makr fan here. They're incredible. Hand sewn and stitched in the US.

http://makr.com/iphone-5-sleeve-ox-blood-chromexcel

Pricey but the quality is unbelievable. I had one for my 3G and lasted through to my 4S only because the 5 is too long. Asking for this one for Christmas :D (the extra pouch in front is for your cards)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

3eastie

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Another diehard Makr fan here. They're incredible. Hand sewn and stitched in the US.

http://makr.com/iphone-5-sleeve-ox-blood-chromexcel

Pricey but the quality is unbelievable. I had one for my 3G and lasted through to my 4S only because the 5 is too long. Asking for this one for Christmas :D (the extra pouch in front is for your cards)

Andrew or anyone else with a Makr sleeve,
Any risk of the makr sleeve scratching your screen or body of iphone 5 at all since its straight leather inside? How did it do with your phone in past? And how was fit in pocket and on iphone etc.. Not alot of reviews on the web so trying to get all the info I can about it. Really like the makr sleeve for iphone 5 and am thinking of picking one up! thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.