Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
hey guys,

Well i was in the hunt for a ipad mini black 32 gb and i dont know about you guys but here in the ny/nj area they are pretty much sold out. Luckily one of my buddies was parting with his 32gb black ipad2 for a little bit under 400 bucks so i quickly took it off his hands.

I have to say is wow. It's one of those luxuries i thought unnecessary before but i can't imagine how i went along with out this thing. Apple truly makes innovative things. It's so comfortable reading my IT books on it and it's so quick and snappy. Im not sure what the retina display hoopla is all about but im quite content with my combo of iphone 4s and ipad. I havent turned on my laptop much this whole week.. Hopefully i can get a 32 gig ipad with cellular in the new year for my car but this thing is really cool...

ChrisMan287

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
NY.
I remember when I first got mine after having a 1st gen iPod Touch for a few years. It was a huge upgrade and I still love using it everyday.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
hey guys,

Well i was in the hunt for a ipad mini black 32 gb and i dont know about you guys but here in the ny/nj area they are pretty much sold out. Luckily one of my buddies was parting with his 32gb black ipad2 for a little bit under 400 bucks so i quickly took it off his hands.

I have to say is wow. It's one of those luxuries i thought unnecessary before but i can't imagine how i went along with out this thing. Apple truly makes innovative things. It's so comfortable reading my IT books on it and it's so quick and snappy. Im not sure what the retina display hoopla is all about but im quite content with my combo of iphone 4s and ipad. I havent turned on my laptop much this whole week.. Hopefully i can get a 32 gig ipad with cellular in the new year for my car but this thing is really cool...

It's worth maybe $300 at most....you can buy an iPad 3 16gb for $350 lightly used on CL or here on the forum.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I think you went a bit too far there... Where can I find one for $300? Everywhere I am looking, it is around $350 range...

I see a lot of them locally for $325 and with a little negotiation I'm sure it's not too far fetched to get an iPad 2 32gb for $300. I have bought a couple iPad 3 for family members on macrumors for $340 - and that's one with a retina display and 4-5 months of warranty left ;)

nerdybooboo

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
West coast PST
Haha my first thought too!!!!

That's what i paid for my iPad 3 wifi+LTE ($400)! But i got it from my male friend.

I want to sell my iPad 3 now and get a brand new iPad 4 wifi. But each time i think of my friend, i cant do it....haha

Plus, most think it is not worth the effort to upgrade from 3 to 4. So i dunno...:p

propita

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Got my mini!

Hubby was gifted an iPad 1 back when they were the only thing. I just got my mini. I love it!

The image is bright. The iPad is very lightweight, even with a iblason case. It perches fine while I'm on my recliner. Even typing is easier on the smaller screen for me--I have small hands. So far, very happy.

I was showing it to Hubby's co-workers. They were impressed. I'm sure a few will be getting one.

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
That was my first though. Not much of a friend to rip you off like that.

LOL... that was my first thought too, however then of course I re-read that it was a 32gb model and thought well that's probably about right. Especially if it was hardly used (assuming that is the case).

I paid $398 (incl. tax) for my 16Gb iPad 2,4. If I were to sell it I would probably sell it for $400 or more. :D But of course people want Retina over 11.7 hrs battery life so guess it wont sell at that price.

But back to the OP,
if you're going to get an iPad for your car, get the iPad Mini. Hopefully when you're ready to buy it it will have a retina display. Even if it doesnt have retina, get one for the car (as a street directory and navigator) and also one for the living room (goes great with Apple TV).

I went from 3rd gen iPod Touch to iPad.
Playing games on iPT was painful and doing damage to my eyes no doubt. Then along came iPad and a bigger screen to play on. Joy!! :)
iPT is for listening, iPad is for watching. :D

DelMac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
hmmm now i feel kind of bad...

hey congrats on experiencing your first iPad. We just like to see others get their Apple moneys worth. Consider it a favor you did your friend, helping him sell his product. Eventually that extra money will come back to you (him buying rounds/meals over a few outings, etc...) even if it takes some time. Just relax and enjoy.

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
I've had an iPad mini for the past 4 days and I'm loving it. A tablet is such a nice device to have.

It comes in handy when you don't need a laptop, but need something bigger than a smart phone.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Wow, sold my iPad 2 16gb for like £300 last year!:eek:

Amazing how people still pay an arm and a leg for old Apple products

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
hey congrats on experiencing your first iPad. We just like to see others get their Apple moneys worth. Consider it a favor you did your friend, helping him sell his product. Eventually that extra money will come back to you (him buying rounds/meals over a few outings, etc...) even if it takes some time. Just relax and enjoy.

Agreed. Just relax and enjoy. It is not the worst deal in the world. If it was a 16gb man you would have gotten my deepest sympathy.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ

lol best answer yet.. ill be sure to do that..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.