Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnificent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Can anyone give me any links to trusted iphone unlock services via itunes? I'd really like my iPhone 4 locked to rogers, canada, to become factory unlocked. thank you! :)

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
What do you mean via Itunes? what firmware do you have baseband etc provide info.. I guessing you want it factory unlocked? Have you talked directly with rogers yet...

johnificent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Yes I meant factory unlocked. I actually haven't, because I haven't had a plan with Rogers before, I actually bought this phone from a friend of mine:/ and i'd like to get it factory unlocked. This is because the baseband is 4.12.01 and we cant unlock it right now :/

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I think Roger does factory unlock on the other hand, Bell won't do it even if you are willing to pay them.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Yes I meant factory unlocked. I actually haven't, because I haven't had a plan with Rogers before, I actually bought this phone from a friend of mine:/ and i'd like to get it factory unlocked. This is because the baseband is 4.12.01 and we cant unlock it right now :/

I just purchased the unlock service through eBay. Hope its not a scam. Looks genuine., will revert back and let you know how it goes. This should take a few days. I just placed the order yesterday.

In My Opinion, if its a scam I have 45 days to recover my money so this must be legit.

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/320928105199?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Okay thanks guys! :)
And yes tell me how it goes!

ok I confirm. My 4s is successfully unlocked. I'm happy. Just fyi. go for it.
I didn't upgrade the firmware. Mine is jailbroken, I installed SAMPrefs and deactivated my phone and connected to iTunes and I get the message.

Congratulations your iphone is now unlocked. :) Here is the image. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• iphoneunlocked_UP.png
    iphoneunlocked_UP.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Thank you so much! :) how much was the unlock? Haha

check the link. I paid 79. But it looks like he increased it to 82. But it works ! so might as well. Its better than buying Gevey and getting stuck to a firmware.

I was also told by the apple genius that if your phone is unlocked, the unlock moves over to the new phone. Might be true but I don't know.

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
If you are out of contract with AT&T try to call them and have AT&T unlock it for free. Why pay for a service?

I am not located in the US nor have an at&t account. Called them yesterday but they will not unlock the phone since I am not an at&t customer.:(

Have asked for help here for an at&t member but no luck...

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I am not located in the US nor have an at&t account. Called them yesterday but they will not unlock the phone since I am not an at&t customer.:(

Have asked for help here for an at&t member but no luck...

you may have to pay for the unlock service in that case. AT&T gave me a very hard time to unlock my out of contract iPhone 4. Having an unlock done through an AT&T customer would be hard as they keep track of all your unlocks.

Klor1

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
check the link. I paid 79. But it looks like he increased it to 82. But it works ! so might as well. Its better than buying Gevey and getting stuck to a firmware.

I was also told by the apple genius that if your phone is unlocked, the unlock moves over to the new phone. Might be true but I don't know.

Can you give me the name id of this seller please ? The link didnt work :)

Thanks

rnshook9

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
Yes , the link didn't work for me either. Can anyone who HAS TRIED the service give me the name too?
Also , can anyone on here confirm if I can factory unlock my iPhone 4S which is 2 months old and still under contract with at&t?

rnshook9

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for that! I went ahead and tried an official unlocking site and they Factory unlocked my iPhone 4S within 15 minutes. I am based in the US so wanted to deal with someone locally. FINALLY HAVE MY iPHONE 4S RUNNING ON 5.1.1 UNLOCKED..YEEAAYYY !

And just like you said , even though my iPhone 4s was under contract they unlocked it for me. I tried calling AT&T customer service but they just wouldn't help because my iPhone is still under contract! I hate AT&T even more now and honestly if it weren't for the iPhone, I would switch.

Ratman2050

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
I saw this post when I was searching on Google and thought I might share my story.

I have tried to use 2 services in the past and they ended up not working and were more of a hassle than I thought, but then I used this website: http://www.unlockinc.com and they're service actually worked for me!

All you have to do is go to the buy page and enter in your phone IMEI (in your iphone settings) and then pay them, and then in 24-48 hours it is unlocked automatically. SO basically you just pay and its unlocked with no added effort.

It's only $15 so its pretty cheap too, I got my iPhone 5 unlocked from them perfectly.

EDIT: To the guy below, are you saying that you can't unlock an iPhone 5? Because you definitely can, and yes you can jailbreak it too. Jailbreaking doesn't matter on the phone model it has to do with the iOS.

Last edited:

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
Many people have used unlock_fusion on eBay. It is automated and only costs $8.

http://myworld.ebay.com/unlock_fusion/

Edit: I have also successfully used unlock_fusion

Edit2: unlockinc is advertising a service that does not exist on the iPhone 5: "Can I Jailbreak and Unlock the new iPhone 5? Yes!"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.