Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Fit is perfect, cutouts are spot-on. Supports the Smart Cover.

I've been waiting forever to get a super-thin matte NON-slippery version, yet hard plastic since I detest TPU's goolike feel. This case is exactly that.

Now, why I bought green? ummm......not sure what got into me there. But I absolutely love this case. It's exactly what I've been looking for, with one exception. I'd like to have a snap cover that uses the magnet to keep it attached to the back (like a Belkin Snap shield secure). But Belkin is the slowest friggin company in the world, so this case will do just fine, especially with the mini where it's not as big a deal like on my 3.

The unique thing about this case appears to be the covered buttons. Well, they did a good job there because they work perfectly, great responsiveness.

This one's a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 786
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 531
  • IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 609
  • IMG_4520.JPG
    IMG_4520.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 518

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
I just received mine today too -- I got the dark gray version for my white mini. Looks awesome with my red smart cover. The covered buttons were a pleasant surprise. My only gripe (and it's a minor one) is that dust collects rather easily the corners where the case snaps onto the iPad. But overall I'm very pleased with it.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I'm hoping my dark grey delivers today. It was processed through the local sort facility yesterday. Getting a little impatient. Shipping notice received on 12/21 but it looks from the tracker like it didn't actually go anywhere until 12/28. A little annoying.

Steve

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Sorry to hear about the delay. But it's worth the wait! The more I use it, the more I like the grippy feel. Great in the hands, doesn't slide around in the car seat next to me. Perfect.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I just received mine today too -- I got the dark gray version for my white mini. Looks awesome with my red smart cover. The covered buttons were a pleasant surprise. My only gripe (and it's a minor one) is that dust collects rather easily the corners where the case snaps onto the iPad. But overall I'm very pleased with it.

Would you mind posting some pics?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Here are some photos. There image uploader says I can put up five but then only allows one photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 507

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Thanks for th images guys. I am really debating getting one. Right now I'm using the incipio NGP case which is thin and feels great - but is not Smart Cover compatible.

How is the matte and clear cover buddy in terms of ease of getting on? I'm really concerned snapping it on and off will scratch the bezel (I have the slate model)

Thanks!

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for th images guys. I am really debating getting one. Right now I'm using the incipio NGP case which is thin and feels great - but is not Smart Cover compatible.

How is the matte and clear cover buddy in terms of ease of getting on? I'm really concerned snapping it on and off will scratch the bezel (I have the slate model)

Thanks!

It goes on quite easy, definitely not overly tight like the poetic I tried. I don't think scratching will be a problem at all.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC

Thanks!

I've also got the Incipio NGP, which I really like as well. I use that one when I'm home and the Switcheasy/Smart Cover combo when I'm out and about and need to put my mini in a bag.

The Coverbuddy is a cinch to put on and take off -- pop it in button-side first to put on, un-snap the non-button side first to take off. It's a snug fit but not difficult to remove. I haven't seen any scratches on the bezel, though I do have the white/silver model and not the black/slate.

Here are some pics I took this morning that shows the Coverbuddy and Smart Cover truer to color:

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I've also got the Incipio NGP, which I really like as well. I use that one when I'm home and the Switcheasy/Smart Cover combo when I'm out and about and need to put my mini in a bag.

The Coverbuddy is a cinch to put on and take off -- pop it in button-side first to put on, un-snap the non-button side first to take off. It's a snug fit but not difficult to remove. I haven't seen any scratches on the bezel, though I do have the white/silver model and not the black/slate.

Here are some pics I took this morning that shows the Coverbuddy and Smart Cover truer to color:

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

Looks beautiful! I went with clear because Mini is so pretty why cover him up with a case. But this looks great!

My clear cover was easy to put on and take off.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
thanks for the replies guys. On other question, I think Boston mentioned that dust collects rather easily in the corners and from the pics it looks like the gap is quite big in the corners. This could be a deal breaker for me, but any additional thoughts on this?

----------

Looks beautiful! I went with clear because Mini is so pretty why cover him up with a case. But this looks great!

My clear cover was easy to put on and take off.

Adonis, do you have the slate or white mini? if slate notice any bevel scratches?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
thanks for the replies guys. On other question, I think Boston mentioned that dust collects rather easily in the corners and from the pics it looks like the gap is quite big in the corners. This could be a deal breaker for me, but any additional thoughts on this?

----------

Adonis, do you have the slate or white mini? if slate notice any bevel scratches?

I have white and have not noticed any scratches.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Wow, the Dark Grey looks great. Kinda wish I'd bought that color.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
I have white and have not noticed any scratches.

cool thanks. i just ordered dark grey. would have loved to have gone clear but at least with dark grey it will cover up any scratches that might occur!

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I also ordered the dark gray to go along with my blue smart cover.
I've had the clear in the past and after a few months they look horrible. They scratch too easy

GiRARDsays

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm torn between the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy in Dark Grey or the KaysCase Smart Solution Hard Shell in Smoked. I contacted KaysCase and asked if their Hard Shell in Smoked was a Matte or Glossy finish. I'm just waiting for a reply. If it's Matte, then I'm going with KaysCase. If it's Glossy, I'm going with SwitchEasy.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'm torn between the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy in Dark Grey or the KaysCase Smart Solution Hard Shell in Smoked. I contacted KaysCase and asked if their Hard Shell in Smoked was a Matte or Glossy finish. I'm just waiting for a reply. If it's Matte, then I'm going with KaysCase. If it's Glossy, I'm going with SwitchEasy.

FWIW, I have a KaysCase (Gel) and the cutout for the Smart Cover isn't as good as the SwitchEasy I have. The KaysCase leaves room while the SwitchEasy is a perfect fit.

If SwitchEasy releases a black matte, I will be all over it. I have the SwitchEasy glossy black, but it's a fingerprint magnet. Not a huge deal, but a matte version would be perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.