Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamzaki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Hi guys,

I am incredibly frustrated by iTunes 11.

I am unable to use the search feature to look for tracks on my iPod. Only for my entire music library on my macbook pro, or search the iTunes Music Store.

Also, for some reason, I can no longer drag mp3s in iTunes onto my iPod. There is still plenty of space. And I did not set the mode to automatically synch library.

Please help!

Also, how can I uninstall iTunes 11 and install iTunes 10.7? Moutain Lion won't let me do it. And no, I cannot revert back to Time Machine because I didn't back up in over a week. Also, I do NOT want to do an entire machine system restore.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Drag and drop working just fine for me. But the Search option is a bummer I had some tracks that needed editing on my iPod and I cant search for them. And I have 25,000 songs on the darn thing lol.

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Dragging songs directly to a playlist no longer works for me either. I have to search and then use the option "Add To". Very stupid IMO. I've always dragged songs or albums directly to my playlist in older versions of iTunes.

toytos

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
I have the same problem! I was so damn confused when it wasn't letting me search songs in my iPhone. This version is crap. I still have iTunes 10 installer so I'll try to revert back to that.

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
I noticed this with my iphone. Why the hell would they take a feature away that allows one to search their music library on their devices? Absolutely ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.