Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigsnowdog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
I am not sure if I am in the correct forum, if not, perhaps a moderator can move this...

Looking at rebuilding the database in Outlook this morning, I find myself considering the pursuit of an alternative to Outlook.

Have any of you changed to something else, if so.... what?

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
It all depends on your uses. If Exchange support is a must I would stick with Outlook. Apples apps support it but I find address book and mail to lack many features for managing multiple accounts well. If you don't need Exchange I would use Thunderbird.

Thunderbird really shines with a Google account and the addons Lightning, Provider for Google Calendar and Google Contacts.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
now that i am retired, i use the combo of mail,contacts, calendar, and reminders. I do not miss outlook at all.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
IMHO, no more than lion or snow leopard. Personally I always move to the latest release that runs on my machine.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Are there any problems with Mountain Lion?

Yes, a zillion of them. As a matter of fact, Lion is the most unpopular OS X upgrade. There are threads everyday about this, usually concernin Lion lack of Spaces, Exposé, the "save as" removal, etc...and many EXPERIENCED Mac users are choosing to keep Snow Leopard. You can search for this and you will see for yourself

The good news is that Snow Leopard also have the applications of Mail, Calendar, Adress Book....you just need to get to use them

bigsnowdog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
I have been on a Mac since 1985, and rarely move to the very next OS, having learned that cautious approach from someone running a business a lot larger than mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.