Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lnds500

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
Well on the sneak peeks, they have Monsters inc 3d bluray (its on preorder from amazon, along with peter pan WITH $$$ OFF COUPONS now)

The 3d sneak peek says that they have HD DIGITAL FILES coming, which most likely means watch it directly from disney online site in HD, not on an apple tv :mad:

I do wish that Cinderella 2 & 3 had digital copies. NO digital copy makes the title kind of worthless to me :rolleyes:

You mean they mention "HD Digital"? I thought the same thing as you at first but that does not refer to the Digital Copies sadly, just that the movie is available through iTunes in HD. They started promoting "HD Digital" with Secret of the Wings (I think it was the first movie to do this) and now they only mention "Coming soon to Blu-ray and HD Digital" (no DVD).

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Because if it says that there's a disc for digital copy redemption, then it's an SD version. Game of Thrones hasn't been confirmed as to whether or not it's HD, HBO was having a problem with True Blood redeeming as SD when it should be HD and they are straightening it out with iTunes as we speak.

Just to clarify... How do we know that movies like Peter Pan, Finding Nemo, Game of Thrones etc will give SD DCs? They aren't even out yet. :confused:

----------

Actually I spoke with HBO about this and they weren't aware of the fact that the True Blood seasons were redeeming as SD, they stated they were going to contact iTunes about fixing this. So yes, HBO is starting a new trend of HD downloads. However, we aren't sure if Game of Thrones is having the same problem or not?

This is BS on the studios part. The inconsistency and mismanagement of DCs is maddening. I was hoping HBO would be starting a new trend with HD downloads, but now they just decide to change it without mention. It's borderline bait and switch if you ask me.

Starhawk

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Actually I spoke with HBO about this and they weren't aware of the fact that the True Blood seasons were redeeming as SD, they stated they were going to contact iTunes about fixing this. So yes, HBO is starting a new trend of HD downloads. However, we aren't sure if Game of Thrones is having the same problem or not?

Good to hear! Let us know any updates. Im ready to buy Season 2...

Last edited:

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008

This is awesome. I have all my stuff in HD already from them. Boardwalk 1 and two and all the Truebloods. Waiting for Game of thrones I can only find the ones without the digital copies.

----------

Has anybody tried The Amazing Spiderman? I was hoping for HD, but the google doc we have saved doesn't say yes or no.

atandon

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Ridiculous

It is ridiculous how many titles are redeemable in SD. Sigh!

When will everyone (apple, studios, etc) get their act together.
How I would love to consolidate all my purchases in one place. But with the kind of fragmentation we have (with iTunes, ultraviolet, vudu, disney, etc), its just sad

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
This is awesome. I have all my stuff in HD already from them. Boardwalk 1 and two and all the Truebloods. Waiting for Game of thrones I can only find the ones without the digital copies.

----------

Has anybody tried The Amazing Spiderman? I was hoping for HD, but the google doc we have saved doesn't say yes or no.

My Amazing Spiderman 3D/BD/DC did not include an iTunes DC. Just one of the other ones (UV, or whatever). :-(

youngstreet

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys,

I am finding this thread incredibly useful. I live in Canada, so I'm a bit curious about the digital copies that come from 'Lionsgate' Blu-Ray discs. If I'm not mistaken, all 'Lionsgate' movies are distributed by 'Alliance Films' in Canada.

Based on the spreadsheet (confirmed by Starhawk) and earlier in this thread (post by SuperX), it seems that the Hunger Games blu-ray in Canada does not include the HD digital copy. If that's the case, I assume any 'Lionsgate/Alliance' movies purchased in Canada will only have SD digital copies. If anyone in Canada can confirm (Expendables 2, Cabin in the woods, etc.), that would be much appreciated.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think I am seeing a trend where - at least in the US - where BD that are listed with "Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy" are able to be redeemed for HD. It appears to be newer releases and not retroactive. At least that is the case with Lionsgate films like "Hunger Games" and "Cabin in the Woods." Friends have mentioned others, but I don't remember the names.

Also, Universal 100th anniversary BDs seem to be the same way plus include iTunes Extras.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Contact HBO and they will contact Apple and get it resolved, they did this for True Blood seasons that redeemed in SD.

The Game of Thrones Season 1 (HBO select) is iTunes SD

----------

I am happy to report that as of this moment HBO has resolved the issue with iTunes redeeming True Blood Seasons Digital Copies in SD. They are suppose to redeem in HD. Here is a copy of the email from HBO:

Dear Customer,

We took up this issue with Apple and you will be glad to hear that it has been resolved. If you have already redeemed your token for True Blood, Season 1 thru 4 and received only the SD version, please contact Apple Support and ask for a new token to redeem the title in HD.

Thanks for your patience!
HBO DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT

Because if it says that there's a disc for digital copy redemption, then it's an SD version. Game of Thrones hasn't been confirmed as to whether or not it's HD, HBO was having a problem with True Blood redeeming as SD when it should be HD and they are straightening it out with iTunes as we speak.

----------

Starhawk

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks for the report Gadget-Man. It sounds like you almost single handedly fixed this by contacting HBO.

Tonight I redeemed a digital copy code from the HBO Select version of True Blood Season 2, and I can confirm it downloaded in HD :):):)

Cdiponio

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone have the email address for HBO Digital Copy Support? or a Web Link

I asked Apple about my True Blood/Game of thrones and they told me to contact HBO.

Blackwatch

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
For the UK version of Prometheus I have access to a HD copy through my apple TV. I cant access it via Itunes (I deleted it, tried to redownload and will only give me the SD plus extra's) but through the ATV it's def HD. Anyone else experienced this?

Also Ted UK is HD for me :) (says SD on spreadsheet for both these films).

powerless

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Just for confirmation:

Chronicle - HD

Ted - HD

The Bourne Legacy - HD

Attachments

• chronicle.png
    chronicle.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 102
  • ted.png
    ted.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 110
  • tbl.png
    tbl.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 94

morty192

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
with the dark knight trilogy blu ray is it possible to swap the UV code for an iTunes code (if so how?) and will this let me download the movie in HD? I'm in the UK btw if that's helpful :)

PictureNWA

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
ParaNorman - HD

HD+extras downloaded in iTunes from the 3D Blu/Blu/DVD/Digital Copy/UV ParaNorman tonight. Thanks, Universal!

Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.