Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like iTunes 11?

• I Love It :)

Votes: 281 68.4%
  • I Hate It! >:(

Votes: 88 21.4%
  • I havent upgraded yet

Votes: 41 10.0%
  • My computer doesn't support iTunes 11

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
I just redeemed a gift card. That was one of the slickest coolest things I've ever done with a computer (I am not being sarcastic)

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
So far, so good with iTunes 11. Everything seems to be working and I like the new interface. Redeeming a gift card with the camera is so much better.

Gala

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Better than good. It's great. The subtle things like when you open an album the background and highlighted colors change depending on the color of the album art.

MrKambo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
I like 11 a lot, I'm one of them people who hated iTunes and using it was a chore.
But the new interface inspired me to organise and maintain my music collection, the more I use it, the more I like it.

I haven't come across any flaws that effect me directly but overall it's a lot nicer to use than 10, might start slowly adding my DVD rips to it

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
I can't figure out how to search the music library on my iphone in iTunes 11. Was this this feature removed or can I just not find it?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
while the new features are nice, how has it been performing for you?
It performs well but WTF is with random songs playing after I play a single? also can't play unticked songs unless I right click then play, ridiculous, I have to untick as I can't put all songs on my iPhone!!!

Personally I am disliking it right now.

stueee123

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2011
retina stoplights are different than in the rest of the OS

The stoplights on itunes 11 are different (look lower res) on the retina display compared to those of safari or any other application..

Safaris on the left, itunes 11 on the right

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 7.16.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 7.16.12 PM.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 88

jammybastard

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
In Trasnic
Mixed feelings.
I do like the layout, but...

1. I don't like that I can't edit what info shows in the columns.

2. When I want to edit track info by selecting "Get Info" it pops up a warning message.
Every damn time. Ugh.

3. They removed the "next track" button from the info panel, so if you have to edit multiple tracks you have to open and close each individual track which means you have to see that stupid pop up message everytime.
FML

axi0m

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
New interface feels somewhat laggy on my MBpr and back/forward swiped sometimes miss the animation.

d0nK

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
UK
Terrible!

So frustrating.

I want to order the Artist view by Rating but you can't order it by anything!!!!!!

No artwork in Songs view!!!!

Arrrrrrrgggggg!!! I need a punchbag with a picture of Tim Cook on it tonight!.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Mixed feelings.
I do like the layout, but...

1. I don't like that I can't edit what info shows in the columns.

2. When I want to edit track info by selecting "Get Info" it pops up a warning message.
Every damn time. Ugh.

3. They removed the "next track" button from the info panel, so if you have to edit multiple tracks you have to open and close each individual track which means you have to see that stupid pop up message everytime.
FML

what are you talking about? i can edit the columns (in song view), i never get a warning message (just tested), and next track is still there (in albums and songs view, not artist for some reason)

----------

Terrible!

So frustrating.

I want to order the Artist view by Rating but you can't order it by anything!!!!!!

No artwork in Songs view!!!!

Arrrrrrrgggggg!!! I need a punchbag with a picture of Tim Cook on it tonight!.

dude, what?

EqWeu.png

some people need to sit down and take a deep breath before voicing their complaints

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
what are you talking about? i can edit the columns (in song view), i never get a warning message (just tested), and next track is still there (in albums and songs view, not artist for some reason)

Two things, first, the previous guy was talking the next track when you right click and "get info". That is no longer there.

Second. It doesn't really affect what I do on iTunes, but how did you get that order pop up box? I can't seem to get the same view you have, but this isn't something I normally did with my songs or playlists so maybe I'm just not familiar with it.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Two things, first, the previous guy was talking the next track when you right click and "get info". That is no longer there.

Second. It doesn't really affect what I do on iTunes, but how did you get that order pop up box? I can't seem to get the same view you have, but this isn't something I normally did with my songs or playlists so maybe I'm just not familiar with it.

a) I checked and next/previous is still there for 'get info' on both albums and songs, but not artist view

VRJFQ.png

nUv7M.png

b) view / view options

AlexBerkman

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Copenhagen
That new mini player is a waste of space...the old is missed...they should have made option to collapse the itunes window so we have one window instead of this stupid extra mini thingi...It shows no info at all unless U click around, thats stupid stupid stupid....

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
The Up Next is incredible, they made it really really good! When opening and album, the background of that window changes color to that of the cover art. Beautiful. Adding items to playlists is also great. The mini-player is finally useable and really good, all because of Up Next.

The downside is the lay-out of the Store, the horizontal scroll with sidebar on top of that.

I don't spend much time in the Store though, so for me it's minor.

I really want to see Up Next come to iOS.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Dang it I keep thinking I really don't like about it. The new layout that matches the background color with the album art. It's not a huge deal but I honestly don't like how it fades the artwork into the background. I would rather it have a clean break from the artwork to the background color. This is mostly because the album artwork is sometimes a part of the artform and I like to see it in its entirety.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
That new mini player is a waste of space...the old is missed...they should have made option to collapse the itunes window so we have one window instead of this stupid extra mini thingi...It shows no info at all unless U click around, thats stupid stupid stupid....

a) it is a collapsed window mini player, just as before

b) it's not extra

c) it shows the artist, song name, album art, and an option to expand and see the entire playlist, what more do you want? the old mini player had no info at all like this

gassjack

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2008
Utter gash. Terrifyingly slow and uuuuuuuuuugly!!! Does not look like a Mac prog. Shaming.

Nam Pla

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Thailand
Try 'Option' > 'Command' > (letter) M. Minimizes the window to the mini player and back again with that same key combo.

I did notice though that while listening to a radio stream, then minimizing to the mini player, the mini player would show the same song title that was playing at the time I minimized it even after the song changed. When I maximized the window (where it did show the actual song playing) then minimized it again, it would show the correct song, but keep showing it even though the song had since changed. Don't know if that's a bug or what.

I have to say, after spending relatively minimal time with iT 11 so far, that it's not as bad as I had feared. Especially after reading some comments about it online at various sources. There's a few changes that bug me, i.e. losing the 'Show Duplicates' option, but most of them I'll get used to eventually. And it seems a bit faster to me, at least for some things.

I may change my opinion though after spending more time with it...

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Is is just me or is Apple standardising iTunes 11's Shuffle and Repeat play mode across all playlists and albums...?

I have playlists that I enjoy Shuffling, and I also have playlists that comes with gapless tracks. Imagine you're enjoying continuous music only to be interrupted by a sudden track flow change. And I hate toggling these functions every time I switch playlists.

Apple please bring back individual Shuffle/Repeat functions on individual playlists/albums... :mad::mad:

Addendum:
It seems like Apple's feedback page for iTunes does not contain a pull-down option for iTunes 11. What gives...? :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.