Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
The ONE thing that I hated about the Neo Hybrid for the iPhone 5 was the bulk and I'm sooo glad to see that they are releasing a slim version of this.

It says that they are talking to developers about releasing other colors but there is a glitch on their website.

If you click the Metal Slim version, for a very brief second you get a picture showing all the colors. Now I managed to grab a screenshot of the picture itself.

I attached it to this post.

They currently have three versions (3 colors) up but it seems they're going to release other colors as well.

Dante Red:
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-vivid.html

Sliver:
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-metal.html

Lime Green:
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-snow.html

Looking forward to the black version of this.

Attachments

• My Sche007.jpg
    My Sche007.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 406

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Even though I know business is business.. I truly despise them for not doing this in the first place.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
I actually really like that case, and if you read my threads you know I don't like 99.99% of cases, if I hadn't traded my white iPhone for a black one that would be the one I'd get they should make one that is black and slate, vs silver and white.

Anyone who reads this thread really needs to:

Send Spigen a message and ask for a slate and black neo hybrid slim.

http://www.spigen.com/contacts

Last edited:

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Even though I know business is business.. I truly despise them for not doing this in the first place.

I despise them for releasing a sub par quality case that yellows. My Neo Hybrid EX Snow yellowed pretty badly and stretched within a month.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
What do you mean?

They should've made this the original instead of later making the revision another version.

I despise them for releasing a sub par quality case that yellows. My Neo Hybrid EX Snow yellowed pretty badly and stretched within a month.

I feel you. Had one and the rubber actually tore. I seriously regret my purchase.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Can someone name the problems with the original Neo Hybrid EX case? From what I read, stretching is one.

And do you think these problems will transfer to the slim Neo Hybrid EX case?

I don't take my cases off unless I bought a new case.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Can someone name the problems with the original Neo Hybrid EX case? From what I read, stretching is one.

Many. Yellows really quickly (mine within a month) and mine stretched so that it's now loose fitting. Also, the back screen protector comes off because the bumper pulls it loose from the back

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

I had several of the original ones for the iPhone 4/s. My major gripe with the case was the thin plastic shell would get dislodged from the inner rubber casing. It would happen just pulling it out of a pocket. Apparently, this has carried over to the current gen thicker cases also from what I have read. I am a little skeptical that the thinner redesign have solved the problem.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
"The Neo Hybrid EX Slim case differs from the Neo Hybrid EX as it is slimmer and more tightly fitted around the iPhone 5."

I'm pretty sure they know the original had issues. They're doing what they did with the Glast to GlastR. Simply releasing another product with updated points for old issues when it should have been there in the first place.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I have been buying SGP/Spigen products for years. I wonder if they changed their name or if they were bought by Spigen, and that affected their quality. I have always liked their products.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I have been buying SGP/Spigen products for years. I wonder if they changed their name or if they were bought by Spigen, and that affected their quality. I have always liked their products.

Spigen IS SGP. They simply changed their brand name.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW

Stretching is one. Theres a tiny piece of rubber near the lightning port thats pretty fragile(mine ripped), which in turn makes the case loose. If you pull your phone out of your pocket a lot, I really do not recommend this case. The loose rubber will pull and stretch against the material of your pants since the case isn't slim.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Stretching is one. Theres a tiny piece of rubber near the lightning port thats pretty fragile(mine ripped), which in turn makes the case loose. If you pull your phone out of your pocket a lot, I really do not recommend this case. The loose rubber will pull and stretch against the material of your pants since the case isn't slim.

I agree with iEnvy.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I had several of the original ones for the iPhone 4/s. My major gripe with the case was the thin plastic shell would get dislodged from the inner rubber casing. It would happen just pulling it out of a pocket. Apparently, this has carried over to the current gen thicker cases also from what I have read. I am a little skeptical that the thinner redesign have solved the problem.

This disappointing. I really like the design of this case. They should make it with the hard rubber material that the updated iPhone 4/4S Defender cases have. That would be sweet.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
This disappointing. I really like the design of this case. They should make it with the hard rubber material that the updated iPhone 4/4S Defender cases have. That would be sweet.

They could have made the rubber harder, just because the old version was soft doesn't mean this one is too.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
I bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Metal Blue and the most annoying thing for me was the fact that no headphones would actually fit properly into the headphone jack. Super annoying. When I received my case it was damaged before I got it. There was a chip on the inside of the case, which they are now publishing online as a part of the manufacturing process, but my chip can be seen even when the case is applied to the phone. I'm returning my product after 2 weeks of use.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
I bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Metal Blue and the most annoying thing for me was the fact that no headphones would actually fit properly into the headphone jack. Super annoying. When I received my case it was damaged before I got it. There was a chip on the inside of the case, which they are now publishing online as a part of the manufacturing process, but my chip can be seen even when the case is applied to the phone. I'm returning my product after 2 weeks of use.

They probably fixed that in the slim one

Samz

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
A news article has the full range of colours...

spigen_iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_bumper_colors.jpg

Disappointed that this Slim version wasn't the first version to be released. Typical SGP move, though. The Metal Slate looks great, but can't say I will be happy buying it if I do to replace my old Neo Hybrid of the same colour.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
A news article has the full range of colours...

Disappointed that this Slim version wasn't the first version to be released. Typical SGP move, though. The Metal Slate looks great, but can't say I will be happy buying it if I do to replace my old Neo Hybrid of the same colour.
Wow the metal slate looks really nice. Going to have to pick that one up.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Whoever gets this first please let me know if the headphone jack fits all headphones and if the lightning port is large enough to fit the 30-pin adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.