Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Title says it all, really... not sure what's going on. I plug it in, but OS X doesn't recognize it. Checking the hardware info tool thingy says that an unknown device is plugged into the USB port.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Title says it all, really... not sure what's going on. I plug it in, but OS X doesn't recognize it. Checking the hardware info tool thingy says that an unknown device is plugged into the USB port.

Well, there are games like Rage that work with the XBOX 360 USB controller natively without any drivers. It is not plug and play on OSX. Other games will require third party drivers to be downloaded from tattiebogle.net I think. But be careful, these third party drivers will interfere with games released that work natively with the 360 controller from Aspyr like Rage. Check Aspyr support for more info on that situation.

It can be all very confusing sometimes right?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Well, there are games like Rage that work with the XBOX 360 USB controller natively without any drivers. It is not plug and play on OSX. Other games will require third party drivers to be downloaded from tattiebogle.net I think. But be careful, these third party drivers will interfere with games released that work natively with the 360 controller from Aspyr like Rage. Check Aspyr support for more info on that situation.

It can be all very confusing sometimes right?
This isn't a 360 controller. Other OSes identify it as such (XBOX CONTROLLER).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.