Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsharrah

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question but can't seem to find any other that fits.

I ordered a refurbished Mac Mini from Apple. It shipped out yesterday, allowing me to print the invoice. I noticed the price on the invoice is about $45 less than the price listed when I ordered it. Not complaining, but any idea why or how this happened?

No, I did not order anything else with it.

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question but can't seem to find any other that fits.

I ordered a refurbished Mac Mini from Apple. It shipped out yesterday, allowing me to print the invoice. I noticed the price on the invoice is about $45 less than the price listed when I ordered it. Not complaining, but any idea why or how this happened?

No, I did not order anything else with it.

That sounds about the right amount for sales tax in most states. Maybe they miscalculated your sales tax originally or didn't charge it to you for some reason.

bsharrah

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Sales tax would not explain it. The listed price for the Refurb 2011 base model Mac Mini was $515. When I received the invoice, it was $469. I noticed the 2010 models were listed at $469 about this time last year, so maybe I caught them just as they were dropping the prices for the 2011 refurbs. I did verify that the model # is the same on the original order and the invoice. Can't help but wonder if this means we are going to start seeing the 2012 refurbs for $515 (base model of course).

In the end, I am even happier now with my decision to purchase the refurb base model.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
You hit the jackpot! I have been issued a credit before when the price went down the day my refub PowerBook shipped way back. Looks like you caught the price decrease before shipment. Always a good buy in the refurb store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.