Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Check your orders folks. I ordered a BTO fully loaded 21.5" iMac on Friday and it switched to "Preparing for shipment" just today. Hopefully it will ship tomorrow. Yipee!

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
My BTO 21" has dispatched as well! I'm in the UK so it's not just the ones in America. Proper excited now!

Damn, what time did you order?

I ordered (Maxed out 21.5") at about 9:35AM GMT, mine still says "Processing Items Dispatched: 7- 10 business days Delivers 13 Dec, 2012 - 18 Dec, 2012".

What time did they go live in the UK?

Perhaps it's processing because I got it on the Higher Education discount. Or maybe it's because I chose the wired mouse and wired keyboard.

Also...this has possibly been the longest 2 days of my entire life! Seriously! I feel like it's been 2 weeks since I sat there clicking the highest spec thing I've ever ordered! (I've always played around clicking the most expensive options, never thought I'd actually order one one day)

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! You guys are on top of it, man!!!

I ordered a maxed out 21.5" on Friday @530 CST (The U.S.) and it too is now showing "Preparing for Shipment". :)

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I ordered my 21.5" iMac on Friday at around 10:00am in the UK. Like Siderz I also was eligible for the higher education discount. Ordered both the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse too.

My order still says Dispatched: 7-10 business days. Hoping it will change tomorrow since it'll be Monday.

Needless to say, cannot wait for my new computer! Been hanging on with a 2006 base model MacBook for the past months!

Wish everyone a speedy and hassle-free delivery!

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Hopefully by them Preparing to Ship today, they will actually ship tomorrow evening. I was if ours were assembled in the US (rumor currently going around and from the teardown clip), thats why they are moving so quick? Then again, maybe Apple was proactive and made various configurations of the 21.5" ahead of the launch.........hence....I said MAYBE ;)

Tom J

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Midwest
Suggested new thread title:
27" BTO STATUS !!!!!...

First post:
...hasn't changed in the last hour.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I ordered a 21.5 with Fusion Drive at about 10:30am EST on 11/30.

It still says Processing with an expected delivery date of Dec 17-20th.

My birthday is the 12th so it will be nice a birthday gift to me if it came a bit sooner! :D

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I ordered my 21.5" iMac on Friday at around 10:00am in the UK. Like Siderz I also was eligible for the higher education discount. Ordered both the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse too.

My order still says Dispatched: 7-10 business days. Hoping it will change tomorrow since it'll be Monday.

Needless to say, cannot wait for my new computer! Been hanging on with a 2006 base model MacBook for the past months!

Wish everyone a speedy and hassle-free delivery!

I'm assuming we were just too late then to get the slight earlier delivery :(

Or otherwise, it's because we're not getting the default mouse options. (I'm getting a wired mouse and wired keyboard)

Or otherwise (Maybe the most likely) its because they need to process our HE discount.

...I pretty much just repeated what I said in my original post, lol.

Imacpapi

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Mine says preparing for shipment as well. BTO 21.5". Order originally placed at 2:30am or so on 11/30. Updated order on same day about 8:00pm which technically was a new order with more BTO options.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Suggested new thread title:
27" BTO STATUS !!!!!...

First post:
...hasn't changed in the last hour.
Ha!
Interesting thing though, I just went to check the status of my 27" BTO and they have added a line above the delivery dates that says "Available to ship: 2-3 weeks"

I didnt see that there before.

BunnyBusiness

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
I ordered a 21.5" 2.9GHz with Fusion Drive and 16 GB of RAM at around 8:30 am EST on launch day. I just checked and it's also preparing for shipment.

Chihawk725

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
Since early Sunday morning like 2am here in u.s. mine changed to prep to ship. I got a 21.5 2.9 ghz with fusion 16 gb, magic trackpad and wired keyboard (already have wireless keyboard and mouse) I am getting student discount and ordered it at 1:57am Friday morning as soon as it went live in case this info helps anyone with there own expectations

Anytime before the 17th would be amazing in my opinion. Maybe after such a long wait in November they are paying us back with a shortened wait in dec :)

jman2453

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
My BTO iMac has now been marked as shipped with a tracking number assigned for pick up on Monday from CA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.