Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Just got this today, I know its not an iPod but definitely worthy of any decent collection!

Brand new iPhone 1st Generation 8GB! Had a quick look on eBay etc and can't find any of these for sale in the UK?

As far as I know its not worth that much at the moment, but in a few years, who knows?

Oh, nice! Its about to become a classic like the first iPod! Do you have the box and everything? Do NOT open and use it... ;)

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
I do indeed have the box and all its accessories, however the serial number on the iPhone does not match the one on the box as the iPhone was replaced by Apple. Does anyone here have sealed box 1st Gen iPhones?

jimmysummer

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Hello everybody,

I have a new iPod classic 3rd generation.
It´s in original plastic wrap, his packaging si in perfect condition.

What is the value of this object? I really don't know?

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
UPDATE:
New additions to my collection.
After opening my Slate 32GB Touch 5th Gen, it couldn't be added to my sealed collection. So now I've got a blue 32GB Touch 5G sealed which does qualify!!!
I also have a new addition coming in the post. Just bought it off eBay last night, but not going say what it is. Up to you guys to guess ;)...

So exciting :)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
UPDATE:
New additions to my collection.
After opening my Slate 32GB Touch 5th Gen, it couldn't be added to my sealed collection. So now I've got a blue 32GB Touch 5G sealed which does qualify!!!
I also have a new addition coming in the post. Just bought it off eBay last night, but not going say what it is. Up to you guys to guess ;)...

So exciting :)

A sealed 3rd generation? ;)

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I don't have a 1st gen iPod... tho I wish I did. But here is the semi-official video of Apple releasing their very first iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqNHGJw2qI

NO ONE is allowed to call themselves a true iPod fan unless they have seen THIS (above) video.

Semi-official?? It was the official pitching video shown to the press at the iPod introduction at Apple in Cupertino 23 october 2001! :confused:

----------

No...
Well I'll give you a hint. It's not an iPod.

Oh...an iPod BOX??? :D (kidding)
I'll bet its an iPad mini??

Last edited:

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Semi-official?? It was the official pitching video shown to the press at the iPod introduction at Apple in Cupertino 23 october 2001! :confused:

----------

Oh...an iPod BOX??? :D (kidding)
I'll bet its an iPad mini??

Well no, but close. It's an iPad 1st Gen BNIB (Sealed) - This was the first tablet produced that really revolutionised the tablet industry. It will be a piece of history in its own time.
Thought I'd get one now while there'd be a few and not a ridiculous prices...

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

It's semi-official because Apple did NOT post it to YouTube (therefore it could possibly be edited or even tampered with). Thus I only called it "semi-official" at best.

But otherwise, you are correct, it seems that the YouTube video I linked appears to be the original Apple press video which introduced the very first iPod to the world.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Just received one iPod.
Got an 8GB Blue 6th Gen Nano sealed for £50...
Also bought a product red iPod shuffle.

Collection stands as follows...

IPod Mini:
None

iPod Classic:
4th Gen sealed
5th Gen (30GB) White - sealed
5th Gen (80GB) Black - sealed

iPod Touch:
1st Gen John Lennon (8GB) - sealed
5th gen (32GB) Blue - sealed

iPod Nano:
1st Gen (4GB) Black - sealed
2nd Gen (4GB) Pink sealed
3rd Gen (8GB) Green - sealed
4th Gen (8GB) Pink - sealed
5th Gen (8GB) Black - sealed
6th Gen (8GB) Blue - sealed
7th Gen (16GB) Blue - sealed
7th Gen (16GB) Red - sealed

iPod Shuffle:
1st Gen (512MB) White - sealed
2nd Gen (2GB) Red - sealed
4th Gen (2GB) Orange - sealed
5th Gen (2GB) Red - sealed

iPad:
1st Gen (16GB) - sealed

I also have:
Unsealed iDevices:
2 x iPod Photo
2 x iPod Nano 3rd Gen
1 x iPod Touch 4th Gen
1 x iPod Touch 5th Gen
2 x iPod Nano 6th Gen
1 x iPod shuffle 3rd Gen
1 x iPod shuffle 1st Gen
1 x iPod classic 6th Gen
1 x iPad 1st Gen
4 x iPhone 3GS
1 x iPhone 4
2 x iPhone 4S

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Just thought that today was a total loss after losing out on the 3rd Gen Sealed Classic we all knew about, but I wasn't willing to pay THAT much for it!!!

Anyway, day proved to be a bit better, just won a iPod Mini Sealed (2nd Gen 4GB) for a relatively good price :)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPod-classic-3rd-Generation-20-GB-NEW-in-original-plastic-wrap-/170949568580?redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=4YnPIsM2g9T8IrPdMccVobD8CZQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The link you posted would be interesting. Seller has only 2 feedback at 0%. Not sure how much people are willing to pay to someone with no feedback..

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
My latest addition to the collection...
A real beauty and nice and cheap.

Another 10 more to go :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
I used to have a 20GB first or second generation iPod (not sure). It was white, monochrome screen and the click wheel was different to what we see today (had pressable buttons at each point of the wheel).

This one:

m8738ll-a.jpg

Is it now rare?

Thanks.

ianwuk

PS - Mine was sadly stolen otherwise I would still have kept it.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I used to have a 20GB first or second generation iPod (not sure). It was white, monochrome screen and the click wheel was different to what we see today (had pressable buttons at each point of the wheel).

This one:

Is it now rare?

Thanks.

ianwuk

PS - Mine was sadly stolen otherwise I would still have kept it.

Yours was a second generation iPod with touch wheel. The wheel was not moving like the first generation wheel. Its not that rare in a used condition. ;)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
My latest addition to the collection...
A real beauty and nice and cheap.

Another 10 more to go :)

Congrats to your excellent find!! 10 more to go?? I'm not following you there...?

Mini 1:st gen came in one size and five different colors.
Mini 2:nd gen came in two sizes and four colors.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Congrats to your excellent find!! 10 more to go?? I'm not following you there...?
Mini 1:st gen came in one size and five different colors.
Mini 2:nd gen came in two sizes and four colors.

As in 10 more iPods needed to finish my sealed collection.

I need the:
1st, 2nd,3rd,6th and 7th Gen classic
The 1st Mini
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Touch
The 3rd Shuffle

After that it'll be duplicates :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.