Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
Not only that, you get all the latest OS's along with many other softwares for free as well...if you want them.

I have to disagree with the person who said they'd be fine not getting paid though. lol

Week one of CPU training down! It's not bad, but I sure have been tired after. Glad to have this weekend!

Is the CPU a good bit of troubleshooting related or customer service like I hear the iOS is?

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
Not only that, you get all the latest OS's along with many other softwares for free as well...if you want them.

I have to disagree with the person who said they'd be fine not getting paid though. lol

Week one of CPU training down! It's not bad, but I sure have been tired after. Glad to have this weekend!

Me too. I'm beat! One week down more to go. I'm just relaxing this weekend to be fresh for training on Monday.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Excited to start tomorrow! Debating whether I should open the phone provided to test the newly installed phone line hmmmmm.

You'll actually test it in training, but if you have your own phone lying around, that'll do just for testing the line.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
I really cant wait to climb up the ladder, thats my ultimate goal. Cant be on the phones for too long lol

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Alrighty 12/3ers. The day has finally arrived. I had to read the email twice
before realizing that 9am was CST. So another hour to wait. Coffee up
everyone and can't wait to meet ya.

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Sounds like they may be backed up? My recent 3rd interview went well and the manager even stated he liked my answers. I felt like the interview couldn't have went smoother honestly.

Said however that it could take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification for whether or not I was selected for the job. OI!

So I guess I'm stuck waiting for an email either way. Starting to sweat because in a few weeks I'll no longer have any source of income. Yikes!

Anyone else who has been targeted for the 1/28 class had a similar experience?

Jerseyleoal

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Sounds like they may be backed up? My recent 3rd interview went well and the manager even stated he liked my answers. I felt like the interview couldn't have went smoother honestly.

Said however that it could take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification for whether or not I was selected for the job. OI!

So I guess I'm stuck waiting for an email either way. Starting to sweat because in a few weeks I'll no longer have any source of income. Yikes!

Anyone else who has been targeted for the 1/28 class had a similar experience?

I had my 3rd interview today. My interviewer said I did a great job answering his questions and he liked my energy. He told me that I should receive an email in 3-5 days and a phone call soon. So I'm guessing I'm in there. My buddy who has been in the position since August told me that's what they told him. So I'm just waiting till I hear back.

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
I had my 3rd interview today. My interviewer said I did a great job answering his questions and he liked my energy. He told me that I should receive an email in 3-5 days and a phone call soon. So I'm guessing I'm in there. My buddy who has been in the position since August told me that's what they told him. So I'm just waiting till I hear back.

What city did you apply for? If you don't mind me asking.

Trevorman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Just wanted to say the first day was amazing. Beyond anything any other company I've worked for has ever done. Well worth the effort to get the job! I probably won't say anything else beyond that down the road so good look to everyone else trying! This thread was a very valuable resource in the hiring process!

Thanks all! :)

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Are you iOS or CPU? It seems mostly the iOS people say that it's mostly customer service. The CPU people seem to be more tech for some reason.

iOS and I'm going to switch to CPU as soon as I can... assuming I can last 6 months. The job itself isn't that hard but the customer service thing just isn't my thing. The job is great if you have the personality for it but I just don't play well with the general public. I'll stick it out for a while but I'm polishing my resume none the less.

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
It was fun! A lot of bacon drawing!

LOL!!! The bacon was a hoot. The Dragon pretty funny too. Todays class was absolutely fantastic. Great bunch of folks, learned a bunch of stuff I didn't know and it will just keep getting better.

Tomorrow we have got to find out who we all are at some point. There's a bunch of GA folks in the class.

----------

So jealous of you all!

Don't be. Your time will come and the wait just makes it that much better. That's when you find out how really cool this company is.

jonkss2

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
I worry lol like if I mess up in an interview or my cover letter good. It seems like they call everyone who applies it sounds like
LOL!!! The bacon was a hoot. The Dragon pretty funny too. Todays class was absolutely fantastic. Great bunch of folks, learned a bunch of stuff I didn't know and it will just keep getting better.

Tomorrow we have got to find out who we all are at some point. There's a bunch of GA folks in the class.

----------

Don't be. Your time will come and the wait just makes it that much better. That's when you find out how really cool this company is.

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Grats to those of you who passed your final and those who began their training today. Hopefully the "you'll hear from us within 2 weeks to let you know if you've been selected" comment I received isn't an indication of bad news. (The manager stated it could take that long because it was the holidays)

The interview went well I thought so who knows ...

Last edited:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Grats to those of you who passed your final and those who began their training today. Hopefully the "you'll hear from us within 2 weeks to let you know if you've been selected" comment I received isn't an indication of bad news. (The manager stated it could take that long because it was the holidays)

The interview went well I thought so who knows ...

Thanks.

It's not bad news.

I was told the same thing about the 2 weeks wait.
It's normal.

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
That's true, I'm in iOS and I'd give my left arm to be in CPU. This customer service stuff just isn't my thing.

Trust me, csat is more important than anything. You were correct a while back when you said it's about fixing the customer more than anything. You are at the mercy of someone else correctly and fairly judging you in a survey... Not so exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.