Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
Its not a matter of IF, until the Mini has the highest specs the full-size ipad IS Apple's the flagship tablet.

From what I was told, there are engineering issues, particularly weight, that are problematic in trying to provide the mini with a retina-quality screen.

After the apple product people I spoke with mentioned this, I decided not to bother waiting and bought one.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
From what I was told, there are engineering issues, particularly weight, that are problematic in trying to provide the mini with a retina-quality screen.

After the apple product people I spoke with mentioned this, I decided not to bother waiting and bought one.

That's not what I was talking about.

Urkel said the Mini might become the flagship product and I said until the Mini has higher specs than the full iPad, it will never be the flagship product.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
"colour forms"? Why not, now that "form factor" has replaced "shape" in almost all conversation. There is an obvious incentive to move the product cycle to september: the ipad is an obvious holiday purchase. There is nothing on the horizon that compromises ipad's dominance (sorry surface!"). so this is a perfect year to shift.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.