Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_5_black_front-150x282.jpg
Indicating that it is on track to meet its goal of launching the iPhone 5 in at least 100 countries by the end of 2012, Apple today announced that it will be bringing the device to more than 50 new countries this month on top of the 47 countries where it is already sold.
Apple today announced iPhone 5 will be available in South Korea on Friday, December 7, with more than 50 additional countries being added in December, including Brazil, Russia and Taiwan. iPhone 5 is the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, completely redesigned to feature a stunning new 4-inch Retina display; an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance; and ultrafast wireless--all while delivering even better battery life.
The full list of December launches includes:

- December 7: South Korea

- December 14: Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Ecuador, Grenada, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kuwait, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldova, Montenegro, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela

- December 21: Barbados, Botswana, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Egypt, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St.Vincent & the Grenadines, Tunisia, Uganda and Vietnam

Article Link: iPhone 5 Coming to More Than 50 New Countries in December

iphone495

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
I remember those days when having an iPhone meant you were rich. :apple:

Last edited:

izyreal

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
USA
Wow! The supply issues must be pretty much worked out if they can support 50 new countries! :)

Codyak

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
DC
Too bad they won't get to use it since the world is ending on December 21st :(

I can't tell you how many crazy/homeless people have passed me pamphlets on how the world was gonna end on "whatever date" in DC, got them uploaded somewhere...

billakay

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Russia? New LTE band?

I wonder if this means that they will be introducing handsets with more LTE band support? The list mentions Russia, which as far as I know, is only using the 2600 MHz band for LTE right now.

If all of the models are using the same chip, I wonder why they making specialized models?

ahmet

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
I remember those days when having an iPhone means you're rich. :apple:

in Turkey, it's still kinda same. It's speculated that the #1 carrier in Turkey will sell 16gb version for 2100 TRY which equals to 1200$ approximately nearly twice as US. While Galaxy S3 is sold for 900$ or something. :( So, it's not about taxes only :cool:

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
I'm just happy iMac came here first even though it was announced later than iPhone. :)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder what the quarter will look like. There was a report on Bloomberg this morning talking to a retailer in the UK saying Apple sales are very strong. Stock is up almost $9 in early trading.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The demand might not be as high. And plus the ship times seemed to have decreased.

True. Recent news indicates the iPhone fad is over in China.

The current phone in high demand is the Samsung Galaxy Line of smartphones. The Note, and Galaxy S III are the most highly sought after.

Having read this in several sites & publications it's a refreshing reminder that nothing beats good competition.

Now that Samsung has been a formidable competitor against Apple, perhaps it will encourage the Cupertino company to do something. Like getting back to innovating instead of taking the low road & hiring more lawyers.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I wonder what the quarter will look like. There was a report on Bloomberg this morning talking to a retailer in the UK saying Apple sales are very strong. Stock is up almost $9 in early trading.

stock price has little to do with sales. stock price has little to do with anything.

----------

I remember those days when having an iPhone means you're rich. :apple:

i had to choose between a MacBook Air and an iPhone 5.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
stock price has little to do with sales. stock price has little to do with anything.
really? One analyst just upped their target on iPhone 5 sales this quarter. That very well could be driving the stock higher today.

----------

True. Recent news indicates the iPhone fad is over in China.

The current phone in high demand is the Samsung Galaxy Line of smartphones. The Note, and Galaxy S III are the most highly sought after.

Having read this in several sites & publications it's a refreshing reminder that nothing beats good competition.

Now that Samsung has been a formidable competitor against Apple, perhaps it will encourage the Cupertino company to do something. Like getting back to innovating instead of taking the low road & hiring more lawyers.
So is this why I heard on CNBC this morning that one analyst has upped their target of iPhone sales for the quarter? Also on Bloomberg a UK reseller talking about strong sales for Apple products. I'm totally willing to eat my words but I think this will be a strong quarter for Apple. I don't think a Samsung gain is necessarily an Apple loss. Unless you can prove people buying Galaxy phones would've purchased an iPhone if only it was more "innovative".

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I heard it was gonna be somewhere between 1600-1800 TL :confused:

in Turkey, it's still kinda same. It's speculated that the #1 carrier in Turkey will sell 16gb version for 2100 TRY which equals to 1200$ approximately nearly twice as US. While Galaxy S3 is sold for 900$ or something. :( So, it's not about taxes only :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.