Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Hi all,

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on the case since a new ipad mini will be released next year and we won't be able to use our existng cases.

I looke dat switch easy canvas $39 is this a good price or the coverbuddy for $19 but does not cover the screen.

Is there a good case which covers teh screen as well and has the stand capability of the switcheasy canvas.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
...since a new ipad mini will be released next year and we won't be able to use our existng cases.
Wow, do you have an inside source that both knows there will be a new Mini next year AND it will be physically different from the current one?

Is there a good case which covers teh screen as well and has the stand capability of the switcheasy canvas.

This site was a big help to me. Click Here.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Wow, do you have an inside source that both knows there will be a new Mini next year AND it will be physically different from the current one?

Haha...no, but going by apple's history, there will be a new ipad mini next year and most probably it will be thinner or there would be a lsight varioation which would make the current cases probably not comaptible with it, just guessing buy what I have experienced. I have a $50 Switcheasy Canvas that I use with my ipad2 and I bought the ipad4, now that ipad 2 case does not fit ipad 4, so based on that I made the comment.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I bought a poetic slimline from amazon. Super cheap and looks super nice. I didn't wanna spend the $39 on a smart cover :/

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2011
I bought a poetic slimline from amazon. Super cheap and looks super nice. I didn't wanna spend the $39 on a smart cover :/

I can vouch for the Poetic Slimline as well. For the $6.95 that I paid for it, it's an excellent case.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
He mentioned cheap. The Smart Cover at $39 is not cheap especially considering the full size Smart Cover is $39, the mini version should be $29 or under.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Thank you for the recommendations, but for the poetic a few reviews say that within a week it became loose and some other minor comaplaints, but its priced really good.

I also saw a targus canvas type case at Costco for $26 it came with a stylu stoo. It said for ipad 3rd and 4th on the price sticker, but on the back of teh case package only said ipad 3 so I di dnot pick it up.

I was wondeirng if anyone has any experienc with teh targus case and if there is also a mini verson of the case.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Poetic Slimline is good...only problem is after I have my mini in it... its a bit hard to pop it out. I also picked up the Moko for $2.99 and I like that one as well. There are quite a bit on Amazon for cheep so If yo don't like it... no major loss.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Iam using otterbox case at the moment its great its really tough well designed i have no worries when i go out and about because it will be fine because otterbox are one of the best cases around

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
You lose the greatness of the size/weight by putting it in an Otterbox that is unless you take it to a construction site or something.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I am not sure now, i feel like if i buy the poetic hardcase to save money and it is as good, then i will have to spend money agian to buy another case Switcheasy and get the canvas but now it will be $39 plus the money spet on the poetic.

Can anyone post pics of their ipad mini with teh poetic case on.

DOe sit satnd well or is it flimsy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.